ten.

-TEN-

if you couldn't tell already, KEVIN had a big pHat crush on hyejoo

if you couldn't tell already, KEVIN had a big pHat crush on hyejoo. like no joke, he's liked her for years. maybe 7 to be precise? well, kevin never really thought about it so he didn't really know.

it had been some time since school started, maybe five weeks and hyejoo still hadn't confessed, despite what she had said to the group chat all that time ago. honestly, kevin really didn't want her to confess.

not because he was afraid of her getting rejected and heartbroken, but because of the high chance that younghoon would accept her confession.

it's not that he didn't want her to be happy- he wanted that more than anything. but he was the one who wanted to make her happy, the one who wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go. she would be entirely his, and he would be entirely her's. because to him, she was everything.

her deep brown eyes, silky light brown hair with streaks of highlighted blonde, soft tanned skin, god she was perfect. her plump peach lips, her chubby tinted cheeks. she was too beautiful that he was scared. kevin knew that hyejoo was so irresistible that nobody would ever dare to reject her confession. he knew firsthand.

after all, he was the one that was there from the start. the two had been the best of friends for years. he knew her charm. after all, he had fallen for her too hadn't he?

but he would never confess. the mere possibly of her rejecting him was like a knife piercing through his skin. nothing would break him more. so kevin played it safe, kept what they had and was appreciative of it.

however, this time it was different. hyejoo had never been this serious about someone before. and it scared him. it scared him to death that someone else would be the subject of her focus and that he would be slowly left in the shadows. like old toys. over time, we get more and more disinterested in them and end up tossing them away eventually. she would never have time for him after dating someone else. if he was in her place, he would want to give his significant other his undivided attention. just like he was sure she would too.

gathering his things, kevin picked up his jet black backpack and made his way out of the classroom for first break. the morning periods had already passed, those being math and biology. the boy never really enjoyed math, as, to him, it was just random numbers that had no real life application. but for biology, he enjoyed finding out about real life things and how they work. it helped him understand the world around him better. he liked that.

on the way to his form room, he heard something. and it was hyejoo's voice.

she was talking to someone.

sounded like a boy.

kim youngjoon. kevin thought.

"so uh, younghoon," hyejoo started.

oh right, youngHOON.

"yeah, go ahead!" younghoon answered shyly.

"so- i've kind of liked you for a while- i just find you really cute, i think you're really smart and charming too." the girl breathed out while averting her gaze to the floor and fiddling with her fingers.

OH SHIT SHE JUST- HSJSHAJDGNASGJS.

"actaully- i've liked you for a while too ahah," younghoon laughed after a brief silence, "how about we go out on friday after school?"

"that sounds great!" hyejoo answered, now with a bright smile on her face.

"amazing! i'll see you then!" younghoon responded before walking to his friends (those friends being kevin's too) for lunch.

after he left, hyejoo bounced up and down like a child that had just revived her favourite candy.

kevin on the other hand was...

shocked? no. confused? no. disheartened? yes.

very much so actually.

so much so that he decided to take his bag and walk out of school, then and there.

not caring about lessons, not caring about his friends.

he just left.

welp, i guess there goes my happiness :)

###