twelve.

-TWELVE-

it had been a few hours since their phone call and KEVIN was now entering the cafe that jacob had told him to meet in over text- that one being the one him and hyejoo always went to

it had been a few hours since their phone call and KEVIN was now entering the cafe that jacob had told him to meet in over text- that one being the one him and hyejoo always went to. it was hard for the boy to keep his thoughts off of the girl as he looked around the cafe. there were too many memories of her here that he could almost see her in their usual booth when he looked in its direction. but he didn't let her consume his thoughts right now. he had someone waiting. the boy was about to send jacob a text message indicating that he had arrived, but he saw the smiley face of his soon-to-be friend waving at him from across the room.

"hey jacob." the younger greeted.

"sup kev." the other greeted back.

"what would you like? I'm going to order now."

"I'll just get a flat white, thanks."

"alright."

kevin was surprised. jacob had been so much nicer than he originally thought he would be. well, they didn't call him an angel for no reason.

when he got back, jacob passed kevin his coffee. "thanks."

"no prob." the other boy responded, "so what's on your mind little man?"

well, frankly, a lot was on kevin's mind. but those thoughts mainly consisted of hyejoo. so consequently, he told him about his feelings for her, he told him about how whenever he saw her it felt like he was floating and he told him about the way she made him so bone-crushingly nervous sometimes that he just wanted to fall into a ditch and stay there.  but most of all, he told him about how his heart broke in two when he overheard that conversation in the hallway.

he knew that hyejoo didn't see him the same way he did her. and he was okay with that. but there was something so incredibly infuriating about seeing her with younghoon that day. he didn't know why he was being like this because, of course, he wanted her to be happy as well. nevertheless, his feelings persisted.

jacob, had not once spoken up during kevin's emotional discourse. the vancouverite wasn't entirely sure if that was a good or bad thing but he prayed for the former. hopefully, he was just a really good listener and not silently judging him the whole time.

after kevin finished his vent, the older spoke up, "well, that's pretty complicated."

"yeah."

"well, at the moment it seems like you're quite unknowingly jealous, but don't want to be. as of now,  my best advice is just try your best to move on. if you know she doesn't like you back, the best you can do for yourself is let her go."

it did make sense. no more feelings, no more pain, right? right.

so kevin was going to try. he was going to take jacob's advice and figure it out.

thanking him, kevin asked, "hey jacob, i was wondering if you'd like to hang out again sometime."

"of course!" the other canadian responded cheerily. 

"you were really nice today. and hey, i need someone to help me move on right?" kevin joked with a small smirk forming at the side of his almost nonexistent, yet still cute lips.

"hit me up if you need someone." jacob hit back with a wink.

after their humourous interaction, the two continued to converse and simply enjoyed each other's presence as the sound of their sweet, melodic laughter bounced against the walls of. the cafe.

maybe this isn't so bad after all.

###