Chapter 2

———

(Third P.O.V)

Jeongguk was looking at Taehyung in nothing but pure disbelief. The mint haired boy answered his question just like that and still nothing. The sly smile that managed to appear on Taehyung's face wasn't helping either. It's as if he knew what Jeongguk was trying to accomplish by asking such questions. Completely different from the boy who was hanging his head low a minute ago. At this point, Jeongguk was going insane.

'Don't tell me he knows what I'm trying to do. No. No one knows about my ability. Plus, even if Taehyung did know about it, it's not like he'd know I can't hear his thoughts in particular and what's with that cocky smile he had previously on his face?!', Jeongguk thought.

"Anyway, I'll go sit in the back if you guys don't mind", Taehyung said, the smile not leaving his face.

"Wait. It's your first time here. Why don't you sit with us?", Jimin said.

"No, I wouldn't want to attract too much attention", Taehyung answered honestly.

'How would you even attract attention? With your ugly looking self?', Jeongguk thought, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, I understand. Sure. Go ahead", Jimin said.

"Thank you", Taehyung said, walking towards the back and sitting on a random empty seat.

Jimin then sat next to Jeongguk and asked lowly with a grin, "So, what did you think of Taehyung? Pretty cute, right?"

"Why are you asking me such a question?", Jeongguk asked.

Jimin looked at Jeongguk with disbelief.

'I- Bitch? Compared to what you asked Taehyung, this is nothing. What do you mean by why am I asking you such a question?!', he thought but Jeongguk heard it anyway.

Jeongguk sighed before replying.

"He was... ugly. Very ugly."

Jimin fell off his chair, catching quite the attention. Including Taehyung's. He then got up and yelled.

"UGLY?! WHERE??"

"Jimin, shut the fuck up. You're causing a ruckus and it'd be bad for my reputation here", Jeongguk said, loud enough for both to hear.

"I-"

"Morning everyone. I'm assuming all of you had a great morning", the professor said as she walked in. Most students had replied by agreeing.

Jimin sat on his seat and huffed.

"Great to hear. So, for today, I thought that maybe we should switch up the game. I know it's college but how will you understand how the mind affects behavior and such if you don't try it firsthand? You guys will pair up with someone you don't know and try to understand their way of thinking. You'll be observing your partner's behavior, emotions and responses to things. Everyone is different so not everyone thinks the same which is why I thought this project would be interesting. Now, it doesn't mean you have to be with them all the time. Just meet up when you're free and hang out. It's a bit more of a high school thing but I think it'd be a great opportunity to meet new people. I want at least a five page essay by the end of the month on what you've learned about that person. The more the better. The more detailed and understanding, the higher the score. A reminder. NO friends as project partners. I don't know myself who and who not are your friends but I know for a fact it won't be students near where you're sitting. I'll call a few of you up here and make you pick a partner. Now- wait. Young man in the back. With light green hair. Are you from this class? I've never seen you here before", she said. Her last words made everyone turn their heads to the back. Their eyes landing on Kim Taehyung. The star student of the whole college campus. Tied with Jeongguk. He could possibly even surpass the latter. He was indeed second to none but it's not like Jeongguk knew that since he's so focused on himself and only himself.