Midnight Snacks

Midnight Snacks

❝ ᴵ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʰᵘʳᵗˢ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵃᶜᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶠᵉˡᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ❞

➸➸➸

By the time the clock struck twelve Alexander Diggory was hiding away in the kitchens, a plate of untouched cookies lay next to his half empty cup of tea that has now grown cold in the dimly lit room. He wasn't all that hungry, but knew he had to eat something or else he wouldn't be able to sleep so he shoved a cookie into his mouth causing crumbs to go crumbling down his chin.

But he couldn't bring himself to enjoy the treat.

He couldn't eat during dinner, with the suspense of the champions getting picked. He knew his twin, Cedric, entered and he prayed that the boy wouldn't get picked. But he did.
Alexander was glad he didn't eat anything at the time because he knew his stomach wouldn't be able to handle both the food and the stress, and of course, stress always won.  

When the Triwizard Tournament first was mentioned by his father, Amos Diggory, before school started Alexander didn't have the slightest clue what it was. So he took his questions and curiosity to the books.

And he wishes he hadn't.

Years and years of descriptive documentary blood baths known as the Triwizard Tournament is what he found. Young students who lost their lives by just wanting to play a simple game that turned out to not be all that simple. And now knowing that Cedric was participating in an event as such made Alexander want to cry, even if Dumbledore assured that no champion would find themselves in mortal danger, he couldn't help but fret over his slightly older twin.

But dispite his strong resentment towards the Tournament, he knew Cedric was happy. He, a Hufflepuff, would be representing Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry against Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and the Durmstrang Institute. Hufflepuffs are mostly over looked, so for a chance in the spotlight is like a dream come true for the rest of Alexander's House.

That was until some how Harry Potter also got chosen, then all the heads turned from Cedric to The Boy Who Lived. Alexander doesn't believe for one second Harry put his name in the Goblet of Fire, because for starters, the raven haired boy was far too young to be competing but many didn't see it that way and it wasn't hard to hear the insults thrown towards the Potter boy.

According to both the books and Dumbledore, The Triwizard Tournament was established approximately seven-hundred years ago as a friendly competition between the three wizarding schools, but was canceled because the high death toll that kept building up. Alexander wishes that they just kept the Tournament buried under the bodies of the innocent that the game took, but this isn't a fairytale so Alexander's wishes don't come true.