love and hate

➸➸➸

➸➸➸

"Nothing good in life ever comes easy." Amos chides when seeing how Alexander failed to get his broom to lift like Cedric's and the Weasley twins.

The Diggory's were currently over at the Burrow and Charlie decided he wanted to help train the young wizards in the fine art of Quidditch. The other three boys were naturals and already ten feet off the ground gliding slowly but Alexander was having difficulty getting his broom to even lift off the ground.

"I can't do it." Seven year old Alexander stomped angrily.

"You can get mad, but what good would it do?" Amos patted his son's shoulder.

Alexander thought over the question before jutting out his lower lip in a pout. "It won't."

"Listen son, not everything you think is easy, is easy for the next person, and not everything they think is easy will be easy for you. But if it doesn't come easy to you, but you work for it, it makes the satisfaction a whole lot better. You want something, work for it. And if it seems impossible, just know that it's not. There is always a way."

Alexander tried a couple more times to get his broom to lift but it still didn't work. No matter how hard he concentrated the broom didn't even move an inch.

"I — "

"Don't you dare say give up." Amos instructed. "I did not raise a quitter. Just because things are hard does not make them impossible. You just have to have the strength and courage to see it through."

"I'm not quitting because it's the easy thing to do." The small Diggory protested. "I'm quitting because I know it's useless. I can't do it. I don't wanna waste my time getting worked up."

Amos sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose he nodded. "Oh alright."

"Alex!" Fred shouted, diving the broom down so he hovered next to the grey eyed boy. It slightly wobbled but other then that the Weasley seemed to have control over the broom. "Ride with me."

Alexander hesitated, his gaze flickering between the broom and the red haired boy, Fred was grinning at him as if Alex was his source of happiness and the older boy couldn't find it in himself to say no. He carefully tossed his leg over the broom and sat down behind the Weasley, in the next moment Fred kicked off the ground and they went soaring.