malfoy's schemes and new friends

➸➸➸

➸➸➸

Detention wasn't as bad as Alexander thought it would be. All he did was scrub the floor free from both dirt and slime, then he had to wipe off the tables — but not to touch the cauldrons, they were left overnight to simmer and settle for the first years to return to first thing in the morning.

Snape hardly even looked at him, the git was too busy grading papers to pay much attention to anything else but when there was a loud crash outside both Alexander and Snape looked towards the closed doors where the noise came from on the other side.

Another loud crash followed and Alexander jumped. "I didn't do it."

"Of course you didn't." The Professor growled before swiftly standing and gliding his way to the doors, he opened them and exited into the halls. Alexander lazily rested his hip against the table with a curious frown, arms crossed over his chest as he waited for Snape to return.

"Peeves, I demand that you —" Snape sentence was cut off by an offended yell of protest.

Alexander's hand snapped up to cover his mouth and muffle his chuckles as Snape reentered the room, his hair and shoulders drenched in water and covered in soap suds. Snape glowered at Alexander before waving his wand so his hair dried and the Hufflepuff bit down on his tongue to stop from pointing out that the grease was all washed out.

"Leave." Snape seethed as if reading Alexander's thoughts and the Hufflepuff didn't waste anytime in sprinting out of the room before he could change his mind.

Once he was far away from Snape and he was up the dungeon stairs he ran into a familiar face and had to bite back an annoyed groan. He just escaped Snape now he had to deal with another Slytherin.

"Alexander." Draco Malfoy nodded, his cool features broke when he smiled sarcastically. "How was detention?"

Draco and him only have had a handful of conversations seeing as though the Slytherin had a strong distaste for Hufflepuffs, but he seemed able to tolerate Alexander and the grey eyed boy wished Malfoy didn't and just hated him like everyone else.

"It was cut short. Peeves —"

"Yeah, I know. I was the one who convinced him to do that, though it didn't take much convincing, he loves messing with Snape." Draco cut him off, crossing his arms over his chest and smiling arrogantly.

"You — why?" Alexander's nose scrunched up in confusion.

Draco needed the Diggorys on his side, that's why. Even if he hated Hufflepuffs he hated Potter more, so he was rooting for Cedric. If the Hufflepuff won, Draco wanted to be on good terms with them, so he could rub it in Potters face but all he said was, "I heard about what happened. Everyone is talking about it, you're a nice guy, so I helped."