Chapter 2

Chapter 2

       My cell phone suddenly rang from where it was on the nightstand, but I ignored it as I continued to kiss Ray. My boyfriend, however, decided to pull away from me. "You should answer that," he said.

       "Later," I muttered, my lips moving to Ray's neck.

       "How can you answer later if the call ends?"

       "That's their problem."

       My cell phone, thankfully, stopped ringing but soon enough, Ray's cell phone started ringing, announcing that Mason was calling him. Ray sat up on the bed, reaching for his cell phone and answering the call, holding it up to his ear. "Hello?"

       I sat up on the bed as well, wrapping my arms around Ray as I kissed his neck.

       Ray gently elbowed me. "Stop it... No, not you. Archer."

       I sighed, nuzzling my head in Ray's neck. He was the only person I could ever feel so relaxed around, even if he was a huge dumbass at times.

       "Eh? What do you mean?" Ray asked in the phone. "I thought we had to meet there at five... Oh, that makes sense.... Okay, yeah, Arch and I will be there soon... Yeah, see you." He hung up his phone. "We were supposed to meet up at Daisuke and Mason's at four, not five. Five is when Maddox is bringing Giovanni over."

       "So no more staying in bed?" I asked.

       "Nope!" Ray said, a bit too happily. He moved towards the edge of the bed. "Kotaro! Bring harness!" 

       After a few moments, Kotaro trotted into the bedroom, carrying his harness and leash. He dropped them in Ray's lap. Ray felt the harness to make sure it was the right way before putting it on Kotaro, then attaching the leash to the harness.

       "Can't we stay in bed a bit longer?" I asked.

       "Sorry, Kotaro's harness is already on." Ray stood up. "He's expecting to go somewhere. And we're already a bit late. We have to get there before five."

       "But if we go there, it means that I have to be around, ugh, Nico."

       "It's your fault he's on the team."

       I sighed. "I regret it."

       I really did. I couldn't believe that I thought I was going to be able to put my differences with Nico aside for the sake of the team. Turned out, I was wrong so now, I was never going to get along with Nico. That piece of shit.

       "Well, come on, Arch!" Ray said. "We have to get going!"

       I sighed and got off of Ray's bed. "This is boring."

       "You'll survive."

       No, I didn't think I would.

       With Kotaro leading Ray, we all walked to the front door to get our shoes and jackets on before heading to Daisuke and Mason's house. Today was Giovanni's birthday, so we were going to throw him a little surprise party. And by little, I do mean little. We weren't going to jump out an yell, "Surprise!" because he did not like surprises. Basically anything that made him jump, it wasn't for him.

       Daisuke and Mason's house wasn't too far away from Ray's, so we did make it there before five. "Sorry we're late," Ray said once Mason opened the door. 

       "Don't worry about it," Mason said as Ray, Kotaro, and I headed inside. "It was a simple misunderstanding. Even if you did show up late, I would have just texted Maddox to distract Giovanni more."