Chapter 15

Chapter 15

       Maddox and Mo decided to go off on their own in the abandoned asylum because they really wanted to explore. Not only that, but they were getting extremely restless having to sit in the same room for hours on end. Daisuke tried to tell them that they could always sleep, but they said they had too much energy to do so.

       It probably wasn't the best idea for them to go off on their own. I was positive they were going to start a seance, but it wasn't my business. I didn't want to stop them.

       I was just glad they didn't tell Ray they were going to go start a seance, because he would most likely want to join them. And if he joined them, that meant I had to join them. I would rather not get involved in a seance. Or anything Ray, Maddox, and Mo wanted to do.

       "Scotty, I'm bored," Nico said in a whiny voice. "Let's do something fun."

       "How about you go to sleep so I don't have to listen to you whining all the time?" Scott suggested.

       Nico's bottom lip curled into a pout. "You're so mean to me."

       "Because you're a piece of shit."

       Nico huffed, turning on his side so his back was facing Scott. "I'm not going to talk to you anymore."

       "Hallelujah."

       I honestly didn't know how Scott and Nico were best friends when it really seemed like Scott hated Nico.

       I hated him, too.

       "Let's play that put your finger down game," Johan said, his head resting on Sterling's lap. "I'll go first. Put your finger down if you cried yourself to sleep every night because of your crippling depressing and because your parents don't understand your depression and thing you're just being lazy or you're overreacting about every little thing."

       "Johan, are you okay?" Mason asked as I lifted up my hand to put a finger down. He noticed that right away. "Archer, are you okay?"

       I shrugged. "It is what it is."

       "I'm also okay," Johan said. "I just have an existential crisis some nights. You guys understand, right?"

       "No, not really," Mason said. "Seriously, are you okay?"

       "He is," Sterling said. "He'll sometimes call me in the middle of the night to ask me an existential question or to say something like what he just said."

       "Hey, Archer," Daisuke said. "Sorry for asking but we've friends for three years and I don't think none of us know the answer. Well, Ray probably does. Anyway, what happened to your parents? You live with your grandmother and you never talk about them."

       "Long story short, I got kicked out," I said. "My grandma immediately took me in. Both of us haven't talked to them since." And that was four years ago.

       "Damn, I'm sorry," Daisuke said.

       "It's okay," I said. "I prefer living with my grandmother, anyway. And my grandpa, whenever he comes home from whatever country he's visiting." My grandpa was a traveller and my grandma wasn't, so my grandpa was always out somewhere exploring. Despite the weeks, sometimes months, apart, my grandparents were still very much in love.

       I had always wanted a relationship like theirs.

       And now I had it with Ray. You know, apart from one of us constantly travelling. And one of us being gay.