Chapter 18

Chapter 18

       All eleven of us were sitting at the dining table, some of them eating the food there and others being extremely pissed that Ray was taken. And by others, I meant me. I just wanted my boyfriend back but now, these pricks were making things so difficult.

       They gave each of us a role to help with the story. I was the heartbroken widower (more like pissed off), Daisuke and Mason were the parents, Maddox was the big brother, Mo was the cousin, Giovanni was the uncle, Stetson was also a cousin, Scott was a cook, Sterling was the house cleaner, Johan was the gardener, and Nico was the annoying neighbour who our family had been in a feud with for years.

       We were also given a few facts about our 'characters', but we weren't supposed to tell anyone otherwise it would ruin the game. The final information we were given was the time and location of Ray's death. 

       Mason clasped his hands together. "Alright... Which one of you bastards killed my favourite son?"

       Maddox gasped. "I still exist, you know."

       Daisuke sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Mason, two things. One, this is a game. Ray didn't actually die, so you don't have to go into your vulgar momma bear mode. And two, stop picking favourites."

       "Fuck you," Mason said.

       "Is Mason just playing his role or is he genuinely pissed off?" Scott asked.

       "He's genuinely pissed off," Daisuke said. "If he was playing the role, he would be fake crying."

       "Can't the 'killer' just admit who it is?" Johan asked. "Then we can get this done and over with."

       "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that will ruin the game," Nico said. "Meaning they'll have to go with whatever consequence they have planned."

       Mason slammed his hands on the table, standing up before pointing an accusing finger at Nico. "I bet it was you, you son of a bitch. You've always been a jealous asshole ever since you first saw how Archer looked at Ray."

       "Calm down, Mason," Daisuke said.

       "Yes, please, calm down," Nico said. "And it wasn't me. I would never amount to murder. I would prefer manipulating revenge."

       I scoffed. "Yeah, we're all aware of that."

       "Ooh, someone's still angry that he kissed me," Nico said. "And that was a hell of a kiss."

       Scott reached over and slapped Nico upside the help. "Nico, I swear, if you keep bringing that up, I will shove my foot up your ass."

       Nico frowned and rubbed the back of his head. "You're such a meanie, Scotty."

       "Guys, I just thought of something," Maddox said. "Let's get Kotaro to sniff out where Ray is."

       "Mads, that's not going to work," Giovanni said. "For multiple reasons. One, that would ruin the game. We have to solve the murder mystery, not go and find Ray. And two, Kotaro is with Ray."

      "Oh, right, right," Maddox said. He looked around the table, his eyes narrowing and each and every one of us. Finally, his eyes land on Mason. "You. You've been putting the blame on everyone else. I bet it was you who killed Ray."

       "Why the fuck would I kill my favourite son, you sick son of a bitch?" Mason asked.

       "Mason!" Daisuke said. "Stop cursing everyone out."