~* 13 *~

(A/N) ok so I'm on my laptop writing again. Had a pretty bad day so this chapter might be a bit short and/or depressing. I'm also listening to Hamilton while writing so if there are heaps of random references, never fear they are 100% intentional. Aighty I'll stop spending time on the boring author note that I doubt people read anyway and get on with the story.

I DO NOT OWN THE PJO OR HOO LOCATIONS AND CAHARCTERS. ALL I OWN IS THE PLOT AND MILO.

Nico woke up in a hospital bed, next to none other than William Solace. The blonde boy looked remarkably better, he was sitting up by himself and reading. Nico also sat up on his bed, stretching a bt and running his fingers through his hair, only to find it in braids. "What the..." He looked over at Will, and his eyes were met with deep blue pair that could only belong to the son of Apollo. Will broke eye contact, looking a bit flustered, and Nico noticed he was grinning sheepishly. "Will, did you braid my hair when I was asleep?" he asked, feeling his cheeks grow hot.

If possible, Will seemed to get more flustered as he shifted self-consciously on the hospital bed. "Uh, maybe? Your hair looks good braided though... not that it doesn't always look great! You have wonderful... hair..." he trailed off, resembling a tomato.

Nico chuckled. "Thanks Sunshine." He then stopped short. Since when did he call Will 'Sunshine'? It seemed natural, like he'd been calling Will that for ages. But as far as he remembered... oh. Oh. OH! Nico bolted upright, startling Will.

"Neeks?" Concern flashed across Will's face. "Nico, are you alright-" his worried expression changed as it dawned on him what had happened. "You remember..." Will whispered, his voice hoarse.

*scene change*

Aphrodite paced the floor of her throne room. <No no no... he can't remember... the whole cutenss... crap the pain... we'd have to restart! I thought by healing Will and giving Percy the dream... it would help them! How did it trigger the memories?> Her racing thoughts were interuppted by Zeus storming (See what I did there?) into the room.

"Aphrodite! Explain this at once!" he commanded, with such anger in his voice even Aphrodite shivered a bit.

"My Lord, if I knew what happened I would tell you. Alas, the situation 'tis as much a mystery to me as it is to you." she responded. "However, is the boy getting his memories back all that bad? The pain will have returned with them. It may not be long before we find ourselves in the meeting room under the same circumstances that we began with. Perhaps we should wait it out? See what happens."

Zeus nodded, a thoughtful look on his face. After a moment of stroking his beard, he sighed. "You may have three months. If the boy does not return to us by then, or he and the other make amends, you shall face punishment along with them. I shall hear no more of it."

Aphrodite nodded. "Of course. I will be sure to let the Apollo-spawn know of the change in conditions. He is rather hot, isn't he?"

She giggled a bit, and Zeus rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I will be on my way now." the King of the gods then walked out of the room, leaving a very excited Aphrodite. <Oh my me this is going to be adorable!> Aphrodite didn't bother changing before going down to camp, she knew that whoever saw her would think she looked good anyway. A part of her did wonder what Will and Nico would see when they looked at her. Would Aphrodite change genders? Or did she simply look more masculine or more like Nico if Will was looking (and vice versa)?

"Oh, Aph. Stop worrying about something as trivial as what they see you as." Aphrodite giggled to herself. "By the time this little conversation is over, they'll only have eyes for each other!"

*scene change*

The first thing Nico noticed was the pain. It wasn't so much physical, more like a knife twisting itself around in his stomach. "Bia... Mother..." the memories swirled around in is head. "Oh gods..." It was all Nico could do to stay grounded.

The second thing he noticed was the hate. Complete and utter hatred for Eros, for the hunters of Artemis, even for Zeus. They had all had a part in ruining his life. And for a few moments, it was all Nico wanted to hurt them like they had him. He wanted to show them pain. Show them grief. But most of all, he wanted to show them that he was no longer a piece in their games. Nico was an inimitable, he was original. The one thing in life he knew had had power over was himself.

Then Will's calm yet worried voice brought him to reality. "Nico? Neeks? Death boy?" The son of Apollo desparately listed nicknames for Nico until Nico realised he had to respond.

"Yeah hi..." then Nico shattered.