Epilogue

I DO NOT OWN PJO OR HOO. I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND MILO.

It was the evening of the solstice. The celebrations on Olympus were over, and most of the demigods participating had gone back to camp. Most of them. Only Will and Nico remained, along with Argus as they needed a way to get back to camp. If Zeus decided to be merciful, that is. Will stifled a laugh. King of the gods, lord of the skies, merciful? It was hard to believe. But he had to remain optimistic.

Will had eventually explained everything to Nico. His words were taken rather well, only a small breakdown from both of them. Why couldn't they just be left alone? Deserting Olympus was thrown out as a suggestion in an especially dark moment, but the two boys knew full well they couldn't do that. This was their life. Leaving it was not an option.

As a team, Will and Nico had overcome all their obstacles. Well, most of them. The final one was yet to come.

"And now, for the two demigods. You've caused quite a stir up here, you know." Zeus started, and both Will and Nico bowed their heads. "If it wasn't for Aphrodite, Nico would still be in the underworld. Like he is  meant to be. Alas, changes to the system has had to be made-"

The lord of the skies was cut off by Apollo. "With absolutely no due respect, father, skip the lecture about all this and tell them they can stay together." said Will's father in a rather bored tone. He then covered his mouth, as if that was meant to be Zeus' thing to reveal.

Despite Zeus' annoyed glares, and Aphrodite's incoheren fangirling, Will did not hesitate to pull Nico in for a deep kiss. He tilted the son of Hades' head back gently, cupping his cheek, and in that moment erased all space between them. Will was almost giddy with happiness, pulling away from Nico only to admire the boy's sharp eyes and unruly hair. Everything that made Nico, Nico. 

"Alright, that's quite enough for now." Zeus snapped, jolting the pair back to reality. "You may go now. And be warned, children, for I will not give any more second chances. Death will now be death."

Will felt Nico nod against his chest, and he took his hand before smiling at the Olympians. "You won't regret this. I swear."

Zeus glared. "I will repeat myself. You may go now."

Will took the hint and walked over to Argus, still holding Nico's hand. Together, they travelled back to camp, where they threw a giant party, after which Will and Nico fell asleep on the beach, Will laying on Nico's chest. 

"Hey Sunshine" came Nico's soft voice, his Italian accent fading over time to a sift clip on his words "I think I love you."

A moment later, he started speaking again. "I know I love you."

Will lifted his head off Nico's chest and turned to face him, pecking him softly on the lips. "I love you too, my death boy. Gods, I love you too."

(A/N) and so they lived hAPiLlY eVeR afTeR

actually they probably went on a quest of some sort and endured all sorts of horrors

but they did it ToGethEr

welp here were are, at the end of my very first fanfic. who knows, maybe i'll revisit this later and decide to write that quest that has been briefly aforementioned. oH WeLL. 

hope you enjoyed!

~ Lia