~* 15 *~

Will knew his dream wasn't going to end well as soon as he found himself in the same garden as his last meeting with Aphrodite. The lush greenery seemed too green, almost artificial. Sure enough, the goddess was sitting at a small, white table with intricate engravings of flowers and vines. Aphrodite seemed deep in thought, Will could practically see the love hearts in her eyes. 

The dread settled in his stomach as he caught a whiff of the love goddess' perfume. Against his better judgement, Will took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of... what was it? No words seemed to be able to describe it. Dark, kinda musty, faint smell death. Did death have a scent? If it did, it would smell like this. But why would Aphrodite smell like death?

She seemed to notice Will's arrival, and as Aphrodite waved him over, Will found himself walking towards her as a reflex.  

"Ah, Will. You're positively glowing!" She gushed. Will reddened. Could you 'glow' in a dream? He puzzled over Aphrodite's words for a second, for just a millisecond, until he heard a small 'Ahem' and he realised Aphrodite expected a compliment in return.

"Oh, uh, you look good as well, Lady Aphrodite." Will stammered, and the goddess gave an airy laugh.

"Of course I do, darling." she responded. "I'm the goddess of beauty."

Will didn't know how to respond to that. The pair sat in silence for a couple moments, and Will looked up to meet Aphrodite's coal black eyes (had they always been that dark?). "Um- ahem- was there a reason you called me?"

"Oh." The goddess looked up thoughtfully. "Yes, I suppose there must have been. Give me a second, dear. Your very presence is exhilarating. " Aphrodite grinned at Will, and he felt his face flush bright red. 

"Any day now, please, Lady Aphrodite." Nico would wake up soon, and Will wanted to be there in case he freaked out again. 

"Yes, give me a second!" She snapped, obviously annoyed. Then, Aphrodite's composure relaxed a bit and her face, which had previously been scrunched up (in a rather cute way, Will thought, before it hit him that she looked like Nico when Will had tried to make him sleep), smoothed out. "The Olympians including myself have gathered and reviewed the conditions of Nico's survival."

Will stiffened. What was that supposed to mean? He had just gotten his Death Boy back, memories and all. A part of him wondered what had triggered the memories returning, but he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind and focused on what Aphrodite was about to tell him.

"Instead of a couple years, Zeus wants the son of Hades back in two months. He did not specify dead or alive, so here's what I propose. In two months, if both of you are still alive, bring Nico up to Olympus with the other cabin heads on the Summer Solstice. It's a loophole, as Zeus can't really do anything other than set you free after the cremonies without raising too much suspicion. It seems that most demigods already dislike him,"

Percy, Will thought.

"and myself and the other Olympians are afraid that if he pulls just one more stupid stunt, the demigods will have enough incentive to overthrow Olympus themselves. And as much as I'd love to see Zeus' fat-ass get kicked off the throne, above all I wish for a century of peace, at least. So. Stay safe and under the radar for a couple months, and then meet Zeus on Olympus to put an end to the whole affair." Aphrodite then made a satisfied face, as if she had single handedly saved the world.

"I- of course, Lady Aphrodite." Will bowed politely.

"Ah, it's no problem." the goddess of love waved her hand, as if dismissing the matter. "Now, you'd best get back to Nico. I suspect he will wake soon and I'm in the mood for some Solangelo. Or, should I say, some more Solangelo." Aphrodite smirked, and snapped her fingers delicately.

Will awoke in his bed in the infirmary. His hands reached out for Nico's (lack of) warmth and he sighed happily. "Hey, Death Boy?"

But the son of Hades wasn't with him.