Prelude to An Akimichi Interrogation.

Shikaku wakes to the sound of quiet footsteps in the kitchen. Not forgetting that Kodai is here, he almost stumbles down the stairs that lead to the lower half of the house.

Kodai is fixing a simple breakfast for Shikamaru to take to Choji's, knowing that he wanted to go there today. She sets the table with graceful ease before heading back into the sitting room to wake the boy.

Kneeling next to the couch she brushes a few stray brown hairs away from his face "Shikamaru, time to wake up." The Nara rolls over with a fitful groan "What a drag... Dad, 5 more hours."

Kodai chuckles sitting where he moved from "Well I hate to disappoint, but I'm not your dad. However Drake, you need to wake up. You told me yesterday that you and Choji go and play on Saturdays."

Hearing the familiar yet unfamiliar dark feminine voice sends Shikamaru bolting up.

"Ryujin-san! I fell asleep on you and you had to wake m-."

Kodai grabs his shoulders "hey, slow down. Your fine. I let you sleep on me. And I wanted to wake you up. Plus I'm sure your father enjoyed the show."

Smirking at the door were Shikaku in sleep wear is leaning against the door with his hands in his pockets.

She can feel Shikamaru tense than droop under her hands, that were still on his shoulders. "What a drag."

Sighing Shikamaru leans forward all the way slouching against Kodai. The Ryujin's chuckles echo in the quiet room, and rumbles through the Nara in her arms.

"Come I fixed breakfast for you to take to Akimichi-san's house." Pulling the small boy up with her, then setting him on the ground they all shuffle to the kitchen. Sitting in the same spots as before, they all say thanks for the food.

"Oh, the Hokage says that you're officially out of the classified system. And to stop by the office for your hitai-ate and flak jacket."

Setting down her chopsticks "understood, does that mean I can walk around in public now." Shikaku only nods.

•..:Time skip:..•

After Breakfast is eaten and cleaned up, Kodai offers to help Shikamaru with redoing his hair. To which he agrees, so they are now in the sitting room where Kodai is sitting on the couch and with Shikamaru in between her legs.

"I used to do this for my cousin." Brushing his hair into her hand, Kodai comments. "She had the longest red hair and the hardest time actually putting it up. The last time I put her hair up she was 18 and she would squirm and wiggle. Giving me such a hard time. But that's nothing a swift wack to the head can't stop."

The boy smiled at the story and the fact that she had told him info about her without having to ask.

"And, finished. Now I have to go get my hitai-ate and flak jacket but I'll be back to walk you to the Akimichi's." Pushing the boy away a little so she could stand up. Giving him a playful tap on the head she shunshined to just outside the Hokage tower.

Trying not to lean over or pant, the woman walks in the building. Asking Hiruzen's secretary about her appointment, the girl stutters out that he is currently available. Rapidly moving to where the office is she fiddles with the edge of her red and white kimono sleeves.

Kodai swiftly knocks and proceeds to enter when given permission, the Hokage's back is facing her as he peers out at Konoha. "Hokage-sama."

He turns to see her in ANBU kneel, like the shinobi that she is, waiting for orders. "Ryujin Kodai. You are hereby on active roster. You are to wait for further orders till then," the Hokage paused as she looked over at him, satisfied when her gold eyes told of her determination.

"Welcome back." He finished handing Kodai her old white hitai-ate and special gray and dull green flak jacket. Taking them Kodai put them back where they belong, her hitai-ate on her right bicep and the flak jacket on her abdomen.

Beaming up at him she bows then flickers back to the Nara compound. She walks in "Drake, you ready to head out?" Taking off her black shinobi sandals, she treads the halls to the sitting area, opening the sliding door. "Little Drake?" She calls out questionably, out on the engawa playing shoji by himself.

"Shikamaru, are you ready to go?" Kodai calls out to him, the boy looks at her with a bored expression but nods. "Then grab your stuff and let's go." Grabbing his food he walks to the door to put his sandals on, putting hers back on she holds the door open.

Gliding down the street of Konoha with Shikamaru by her side, she can feel the stares and hear the whispers, murmurs. Kodai's mind clouded she starts when she feels a hesitant hand curl around hers, glancing down her heart warms to see the young Nara with a faint blush but not letting go of her hand.

"Ryujin-san, dad said that he won't be home tonight, he has somethings to take care of at the Hokage's tower." The boy turns his head to address her "Drake you don't have to be so formal, just call me Kodai." Nodding hesitantly they continue on their path.

Approaching the Akimichi district Kodai can smell the familiar smells of Akimichi cooking. People call out, wanting them to buy their food, however Kodai pays them no attention.

Soon they reach the inner clan compound and head straight toward the largest house. Stepping up to the door Kodai knocks.

She can hear inside a distinctly male voice telling Choji to get the door that it is Shikamaru. Little feet stomp till they reach the door and it swings open.

A little pudgy boy with tawny brown hair and hazel eyes stares up at the lady with pretty eyes "tou-san, we have another guest!"

He smiles up at her the red swirls on his face standing out "Cho-chan, who is it-!" Choza a large man with fiery red hair and purple diagonal marks stops in his tracks as he stares at a woman who is supposed to be dead. "K-Ko-chan! H-How!"

The Akimichi man shouts watching as she opens her arms, not wasting any time Choza embraces her bawling. "Honey, who was at th-."

A round woman comes out of, what Kodai can assume is, the kitchen. Drying her hand on her red and white apron, before freezing as well "Ko-chan!"

The Ryujin woman now is in an Akimichi sandwich, laughing joyfully to be in such a welcoming embrace between friends.