An Akimichi Interrogation

"What happened?" Currently, they are relaxing/interrogating in the Akimichi sitting room, as the boys watch the adults with curious gaze.

"The Elders, the night when Shina-chi made her announcement, I returned home and they demanded Convergence and Hibernation." Choza's face darkened as Chiharu looked confused, Kodai turned to explain.

"The Ryujin clan are known for having more chakra then some can handle only the Uzumaki having similar chakra storage size. Once every ten years those Ryujin with abnormal chakra sizes go into a hibernation, of a sort. It's only supposed to last a week however because of my chakra, my hibernation was going to take a month, at least."

Slightly downtrodden Kodai lowered her head, that's when she feels a small hand tap the top of her head. Looking up she observes Choji smiling bright and Shikamaru behind him with his hands in his pockets.

"Ryujin-san, I've been wondering but will you take your mask off?" Little Choji innocently askes Kodai can detect Shikamaru perk up behind him. "I would, but I don't want to startle you." Choji shakes his head ardently "I never judge other people cause that's mean."

Chuckling the woman concedes. Tugging her mask down, revealed peach-colored full lips and a beauty mark below them on the left.

The adults both curious as well since they never seen her without it on, peer at her. "I don't see anything wrong Ko-chan, you're beautiful." Chiharu points out across from Kodai, her husband sitting next to her agreeing with a gentle smile and a nod.

Sighing through her nose Kodai opens her mouth, gasps fill the room, and instead of blunt teeth they're sharply pointed. "And this is why I don't like to take off my ma- ompff." Shy little Choji who had asked a simple request was in her lap staring up at her with sparkly eyes and a hand holding open her mouth "Your so cool! Can you turn into a Dragon too? What about scales, do you have scales too?"

Surprised reptailian gold eyes glean down at the child in her lap. Without much thought her Dragon instincts act up and the Akimichi child is gently wrapped up in her arms as a loud rumbling purr fills the room. Choza use to her snatching up children in motherly embraces chuckles loudly.

"What's with all the racket?" From the door stands a man with long blonde hair in a high ponytail and blue-green eyes. "Choza you didn't tell me you had guest over." Walking closer the man's eyes widen step for step "wait. Koda-chan!?"

Pulling her off of the seat, the man goes from politely distant to warm friend. "Ino-chi, it's good to see you." Drawing the Yamanaka into a hug, Choza in the background chuckling with an arm around Chiharu.

"Inoichi, my friend, did you really not recognize Ko-chan? Maybe you need to get your eyes checked, you might be getting old-." Choza's cut off by a pillow to the face, Inoichi had cut the hug short and shunshined to the couch to grab a pillow then threw it.

Placing her mask back over her mouth and the tip of her nose, she noticed a little blonde haired girl with the same eye color as Inoichi. The girl was beaming at her "Empress-sama, your one of the prettiest people I've ever seen." Hiding a wince at the name, the little girl gave her "please call me Kodai. But I however don't know your name, Drake."

The girls face dramatically falls before she returns to her radiant beaming "I'm Yamanaka Ino, Ino to the next Ino-Shika-Cho." The Ryujin steps back doing an extravagant bow, then lifting her head up and winking at the girl. "Well then, my apologies Yamanaka-sama."

The Yamanaka girl squealed before collecting herself and returning the exaggerated bow "of course, I wouldn't blame someone for forgetting their place." The two catch each other's eye as they bursting into giggles.

..•..:Time Skip:..•..

"Bye, Ko-chan/Koda-chan." The collective families of Akimichi and Yamanaka wave them off as the two walk away. Exiting the Akimichi district, Kodai crouches in front of Shikamaru. "Get on. We're going by roof, I know you're tired."

The Nara grumbles before climbing on to her back, positioning him properly she takes off. Jumping from roof to roof using the percise amount of chakra every time giving her the boost that she needs, and in little to no time at all they reach a familiar compound. Striding in carefully as to not jostle the dozing Shikamaru, Kodai removes her sandals.

Delivering him to his room she leans over gently sliding him off her back, carefully taking his hair out of its ponytail, and placing his shoes next to his bed. Before she can move away his hand reaches out and latches on to her kimono sleeve, sighing she pry's his hand off.

Kodai reaches half way to the door when her ears pick up on faint whimpering, tears prick her eyes hearing such a heart shattering sound. Gliding to his bed she whispers sweet words promising to be back.

She quickly showers and changes into night clothes opting not to wear her mask, and proceeds back to Shikamaru's room.

Reclining next to him she eventually matches his breathing and falls into a restful sleep, the last thing she remembers is Shikamaru facing her and nestling into her collar bone.

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

Question ?: Who is your favorite Kiri character?

Until Next Time.

Ja Matane~