The Serious Conversation

The Ryujin and eldest Uchiha swiftly moved their conversation to the privacy of his office. "What's going on Fugaku?" Kodai cut to the chase, settling into the fancy red cushion tucked under a red varnished oak table.

The tired man heaved a great sigh, his body shuddering with exhaustion "I'm tired, Kodai. But I am an Uchiha and I must remain vigilant and stoic." Fugaku straightened his back and held his chin high as if to represent his previous statement. As if the previous flash of weakness never even happened.

The women's gold eyes narrowed, taking in the proud Uchiha, Fugaku had gone so long with the shinobi mask in place that Kodai was unsure whether or not he even knew he was even wearing it anymore.

"You may be Uchiha, but underneath that stoic facade is a human." Dark brown eyes glared in rebellion as he opened his mouth to speak. "You have forgotten how to be human, and I know Mikoto loves you but she will not tell you because of her traditional teachings. Fugaku, your own sons are unsure of your love for them, they're scared of you. You have become an emotionless tool for your clan!"

Kodai's yelled words of truth stung like acid on Fugaku's soul. The man closed his cursed eyes, placing his folded hands over his mouth. "Your family loves you Fugaku, you are their pillar of support, but they are also yours."

"The village has turned their back on us. Information about certain aspects of the Sharingan became public. Kodai, people were already on high guard around us. But after the Kyuubi attack..." Sighing the man slouched forward with the weight of his clan on his shoulders.

"I don't know what to do, between the elders' demands and the village's constant attention." Kodai stood drawing the man's focus toward her, the kunoichi wandered over to the window overlooking the Uchiha clan compound.

"Attention... That may just be the answer." Fugaku's confusion was evident in his body language "what do you mean?"

The Ryujin faced him, "instead of negative attention, what your clan needs is positive attention from civilians. See, all the civilians see are a stuck-up and solitary clan, show the village you can put aside your pride to interact with the people we fight to protect."

The Uchiha's face soured but he closed his eyes and he allowed his mind to wander. "Kodai... I alone and my family, I know would be willing to go along with your plan, but the rest of my clan."

The Ryujin chuckled "Fugaku, allow me to take the Uchiha you think would be willing and take them out to interact with the village. I will work from the outside while you work from the inside."

With a solitary nod from Fugaku, Kodai chuckled "how about a spar for old times sake, hm?" The Uchiha glared "You're on."

Dinner was a quick and silent affair as the Uchiha family warily watched the elite ninja's secret conversation of glares and smirks. Fugaku placed his napkin on the plate and with a smug smirk stared at the Ryujin. "Come, family. I will show you how an Uchiha fights and wins."

The last Ryjin rose to the challenge with a sharp smile, having removed her mask out of respect for the family. "If I recall correctly the tally was 72 to 68 in my favor, I believe." The smug smirk flattened as the sound of grinding teeth could be heard. "Let us go."

Sorry, this is a little short, the next chapter is probably gonna be weird just a warning. I'm trying my hand at a fight scene, so wish me luck. ^.^

Question 10: Who is your favorite Uchiha? Mine is a mix between Shisui and Obito.

Ja ne~