𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Tuesday,
august 26,2019,
10:28 a.m.

-

All eating breakfast, we plan what to do next. "Well we cant just go out for a few hours and come back here everyday." Marcus said.

"But it's the safest thing to do. We still don't know what's out there." I argued. "Exactly! We have to go more into the city and stay there for a few days." Marcus argued back.

"If we were to go, where would we stay?" Kayla asks, Drinking some orange juice.

"Well.. oh- my friend Joshua's house is by the city. If nobody is in there, we stay there." Marcus said continuing the argument.

"And what if someone's in there." I said, crossing my arms.

"We find a hotel and lock ourselves in there for a night Cassidy." Marcus says pointing his finger on the table, looking at me.

"I'm with Cass on this one, I don't like that idea." Charles says, eating his cereal.

"Yeah- we don't know if there's other people besides us here." Martha agrees.

Everyone looks at Marcus and I.

Glaring at Marcus for a few seconds, I give in.

"Fine, whatever i don't care anymore I have to get a bag ready." I say, taking a sip of my drink, walking upstairs.

"Still don't agree on this Marcus.." Charles said, following me, along with Kayla, Emily, and Matthew.

-

Locking my front door securely, I walk to the van with everyone else, getting in the backseat with Emily.

Being the petty bitch i am, I don't refer to Marcus by his name.

"Hey- person driving give Charles that aux cord." I say laying against the window.

Scoffing, Marcus passes the cord to Charles, who is sitting in the passenger seat.

-

Driving into the empty highway, we all become quiet. Scared to say anything we all just look out the windows.

"How did we end up here.." Martha whispered, looking out the window to the main road under the highway.

Sighing i look to the front and see nothing.

We truly were the last seven.

"Are we actually gonna stay in a hotel room?" Kayla asks Marcus.

"Yes, were gonna stay at the one my parents and I go to every summer." Marcus said.

"Why can't we just stay at Cass's? I like it better there." Charles said, groaning, moving more into his seat.

"Because we cant just go out for a few hours a day and come back to her house everyday." Marcus said, still mad at me.

Scoffing, I turn my head towards the window.

"Can you both just make up or something- feels like fucking hell with you both." Charles complains.

"I'm not the one who wants to go farther into the city, into parts that we don't know are safe." I say dramatically looking at Charles.

"And i'm not the one who wants to stay inside for most of the day, and not look to see if we can find help." Marcus says, turning his head towards Charles as well.

"Just stop! Seriously, your both sixteen! Not fucking five. Just apologize for fucks sakes." Martha says, shaking her head.

All shocked, we look at her, still not processing the fact that she just bursted.

"Sorry," Marcus and I mumble to each other, obviously scared of what Martha might say next.

"And how hard was that hm?" Charles says like a little kid in front of Marcus's face.

-

Pulling into the hotel parking lot, Marcus finds a place to park the van, and we get out.

Walking into the main office, Kayla goes behind the desk and looks for a key.

"Hi, would you like to stay in a room?" Charles starts, talking in an old lady voice, walking behind the desk, looking at me.

"Oh! How i would! What rooms are available?" I mess around.

"Well, we've got a two bed, and a one bed, that comes with milfs!" He continued.

Hearing a gasp, we turn to Emily.

"Don't say that! That is a bad thing to say!" She says.

Charles and I hold in our laughs as we watch Emily give us a lecture.

"If you children are done arguing, i've found a key." Kayla says coming up beside us.

-

"Here we are.." Matthew says as we approach the room.

Unlocking the door, we all walk in, immediately locking the door and putting a chair again it.

"Two beds, a pull out couch, and a pull out sofa chair... that should be enough." Matthew says, observing the room.

"I call dibs on a bed!" I shout, jumping on a bed. "I call dibs sleeping with Cass!" Charles yells, jumping next to be on the bed.

"yeah yeah, let's get to bed, we should all just shower in the morning." Emily said, getting into the sofa bed, along side Kayla.

-

As we all slept, I stayed up.

Not only because of Charles kicking and putting his hands all over my face- but because i was worried.

What if we were the last people on the entire earth?

How would we know there isn't anybody else?

What happened to our families.

Shaking away those thoughts, i turn to my side trying to fall asleep.

Slowly closing my eyes, i doze off into a dream land.

The Last Seven,

episode seven,
Into the city,

play episode eight?
yes | no