𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐁𝐓

Behind her were a number of children peeking from inside the room, looking out to the scenery curiously. They huddle together behind a window, carefully hiding themselves yet realizing they failed miserably when they saw (Name) waving at them with a closed eye smile.

A small boy blushed at the sight of the beautiful lady before pushing his brothers and sisters out of the way to bashfully wave back, then the others children also began to wave, albeit with light hesitation. (Name) lets out a chuckle and began to walk with the amused nun.

"It was nice, seeing the fields and forests was quite relaxing." (Name) beckons Chloe and the knight to distribute the sweets. As they do so, two young nuns emerged from the house and offered to help, and eventually the front yard was full of happy children, all of them playing and eating to their hearts' content. "It's so different from the capital, I'm really glad to see this place again."

The old woman grinned at her words. "Has your father and mother been well, lately?"

"Yes, they've been doing good recently."

(Name) leads her to sit in a nearby log and as the two begin to make a conversation, a little girl runs towards the old woman with tears in her eyes. She was about six years old but was a little short for her age. The child attempts to wipe down her tears, but in doing so she was making a mess since snot begins to drip on her nose.

The old woman beside (Name)  begins to tend to her, cooing ever so gently like a mother with her new-born child. "What's wrong, Agnes?"

Agnes sniffed dejectedly, her small mouth forming into a sad pout. "Hugh stole my bread! He's always so mean to me, sister!" The girl cries harder with ever word, making the lady worry. Bringing out her handkerchief, she hands it to the child gently before smiling down at her with encouraging eyes.

"You know Agnes," With a teasing lilt in her voice, she proceeds to cheer up Agnes, whom was currently listen attentively to (Name)'s words. "Ladies shouldn't cry so easily, because if they do boys like Hugh would just be more and more annoying."

But Agnes tilts her head in question, a puzzled expression on her face. "What do you mean, pretty lady?" She asks curiously, and the compliment flusters (Name) a little but nevertheless, she kept talking.

"Well if you cry more, Hugh would like that, wouldn't he?"

"Yes," Agnes sniffs, looking up at her as she nods in agreement. "He.. he would like that."

"So, are you willing to give him what he wants?"

"No!"

"What would you do then?"

At the lady's question, the little girl's began to grow wider as realization slowly seeps in, and her face lights up joyfully as she nods rapidly to herself.

"I won't cry anymore!"

"Good girl." Grinning, (Name) extends her hand to softly pat the child's head, before watching her run to her friends with a big smile. 

"Thanks, pretty lady!"

The girl waves the handkerchief cheerfully, and her smile grows wider when she sees (Name) wave as well then she returns to playing around with the other children.

"Sister Delia."

"Yes, child?"

For a short while, (Name) kept quiet and only stared at the scene in front of her. The field was full of playing children, delightfully having fun with their peers and toys as they frolic about with the wild flowers growing underneath their shoes.