Two Lifetimes - Evan "Buck" Buckley

My eyes started feeling heavy and my body was feeling sluggish. I was planning on calling it a night when my phone started ringing.

"Hey babe" I said with a wide smile.

"Hey sweetheart" I could hear his smile.

Buck was working late and as much as I missed seeing him, I knew he had to work.

"How was work?" I asked him softly.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too"

"I'm on my way home now, come over?" I heard his hopeful voice.

I wanted to, I really really wanted to but I had to work in the morning. Usually I didn't have to get up so early, but as my luck would have it it was my early morning and I had to be up and at work by six in the morning.

"I really wish I could...I have to work early though" I said sadly.

In all honesty, I would gladly give up sleep to be with Buck but I knew he was tired as well.

"That's ok, will I get to see you tomorrow?"

"If you want to" I smiled.

"Of course I want to, I always want to" he lightly chuckled.

"Me too" I said honestly.

"It's a date then"

"Deal" I lightly laughed.

After we had hung up there was a prominent sense of unfulfillment. A part of me wished I had agreed to just go to Buck's but another part of me wanted sleep.

I noticed a vehicle pass in front of my house through the picture window in my living room. I thought nothing of it until I saw it pass again, and again. I would have been terrified if I didn't recognize the vehicle as Buck's.

With a smile on my face a grabbed a light blanket and pulled it around my body getting up off the couch. I walked outside and slowly down the driveway as I saw his vehicle come into view again. It came to a stop in my driveway.

"What are you up to silly boy?" I giggled approaching his vehicle.

"Oh, nothing much" he smiled. "Definitely not driving around your block because I missed you"

"Oh definitely not huh?"

"Definitely not, that would be kind of creepy" he smirked.

"I think it's adorable. You coming in? Or you just want to sit in my driveway all night?"

A smile spread on his face as he pulled his car in more, put it in park and got out.

"Hey gorgeous" he smiled taking my face in both of his hands and kissing me gently as I wrapped my arms and the blanket around his middle.

"I'm so glad you're here" I smiled up at him.

"Me too, let's go inside"

We settled on the couch as I wrapped my arms around him. This is what I actually wanted, just to relax and be with Buck.

"How was your day?" He asked running his hands along my back.

"It was ok. I worked then went to the gym then just stayed in...my day is so much better now" I gripped him a little tighter. "How was your day?"

"Wasn't really worth it till I saw you" he kissed the top of my head.

He always knew exactly what to say to turn me in a melted puddle of myself.

"I hope one day we won't have to make plans to see each other" I said snuggling into him more.

"One day I will be leaving work excited to come home to you"

"You think so?" I questioned.

We had never really talked about where we stood or how far either of us wanted this relationship to go, but now was as good a time as any I suppose.

"I know so, baby" he kissed my head again.

"Good to know, what else do you know?" I smiled.

"Well, I know I love you, I want to marry you and be with you forever" he said matter of factly.

"I love you too, Buck" I reached one hand up to his cheek. "I love how special you make me feel"

"You are special, it's one of the things I love about you. You're unique, I'm always learning new things about you"

"It would take me a lifetime to list all the things I love about you" I explained before pecking his lips.

"Well we're in luck then sweetheart" he started as he moved some hair out of my face and behind my ear. "We'll have a lifetime together for you to do that" he smiled.

"I like the sound of that" I breathed.

"Although, for me to list everything I love about you I would need two lifetimes" he rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"Two lifetimes?" I asked breathless.

"Two lifetimes"

"Hmm" I looked at him confused.

"One lifetime won't be long enough for me to be able to show you all the love I have for you. One lifetime isn't long enough for me to love you"

"Buck, you are without a doubt my person. No amount of time will ever be long enough for me to love you" I kissed him gently before laying my head on his chest.

I felt his sigh in his chest. That night we fell asleep together on the couch wrapped up in each other. I didn't even know who the first to fall asleep was and it didn't matter, all that mattered was that we were together.

People are lucky to find someone they want to love for a lifetime. I found someone I want to love for two lifetimes and it still wouldn't be long enough, I couldn't ask for more.

Requested by: @Tomiyxox

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️