Chapter four: Titus's Wife

Chapter four

Titus's Wife

Two weeks after Saigon's arrival, Titus and Aden returned to the pack after their stay at the Perri's home. Karen had given Aden a quick rundown of how to take care of a baby during there stay, and consequently he had barely slept at all. Even when his mother took Saigon and ordered her son to get some rest, Aden spent the night listening for his son's cry.

Darius was with the boys outside when he saw his brother in werewolf form coming through the trees, carrying his mate and son. Both were fast asleep with Saigon wrapped tightly in Aden's arms.

"He looks exhausted," laughed Darius.

"Which one," replied Titus, walking up to his brother.

"Still hasn't calmed down then." Darius peeled back the blankets to catch a glimpse of his nephew.

Titus shook his head. "We should've waited," he breathed. "Aden panic every time Saigon's makes a noise. We made it about a mile from where is parents dropped us off and looked like he was about to pass out."

The future Alpha laughed and gripped his brother's shoulder.

"I probably think it was funny too, if he hadn't been holding Saigon." He let out a sigh. "I'm going to go put these two to bed."

"Look like you have two kids to take care of now," said Darius with a grin.

"Tell me about it." Adjusting his load, he entered the cave.

Darius turned back to his boys to find Daven on top of his little brother. Shaking his head, he went to separate the two.

***

The rising generation of leaders sat with their mates in Darius and Storm's room with the four newest members of the pack in the middle. Aden was paranoid that Daven or Archer, Peter and Rupert's seven month baby boy, were going to crawl on Saigon and had the little one pressed tightly to his chest. Raven as well was happy to sit in his father's lap as Daven played with the rich brown toddler. The dominates were relaxing from an early morning hunt and decided to let the boys play together.

Titus leaned over to his brother. "Can I talk to you?"

"Right now."

He nodded and stood. Aden gave him a worried look, still not confident in being left alone.

"I'll be right back." Titus kissed his mate's head and left the room with his brother.

Raven was hot on their heels and got to his father before his mother could catch him.

"I got him Storm." Darius grabbed his son's hand.

They walked to the main chamber with Raven climbing on the rocks. He had gotten more independent as long as his father was close by. The two brothers stood silent for a moment watching the werewolf pup.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" asked Darius.

"I'm worried about Aden."

Darius laughed to himself. "I would be too. Storm says he can barely function when you're gone."

"I know." He rubbed his face. "That's why was thinking of taking a wife." Looking up, he watched his brother's face for reaction.

"I don't think Aden can handle that," he replied, keeping his eyes on his son.

Titus nodded. "I'm worried about him, and yesterday, Hazel approached me."

"The older woman who lost her mate in that avalanche last winter?" He looked to his brother, who nodded. "Are you planning on having a child with her?"

He quickly shook his head. "No. We talk and neither of us want the relationship to be inanimate. Aden needs help with Saigon, and Hazel has raised pups before."

"Have you talked to dad about this?"

"Yes, he's said it's a good idea and even offered to move us to a two room cave with a living area."

Saigon slid down a rock and ran over to his father with his arms open.

Darius lifted him into the air. "You're worried about how Aden will reacted."

"I don't want him to think I'm doing this because he's not good enough."

"You need to make it clear that you won't be having sex with Hazel." He scratched the top of his son's head. "Aden is human, and something like that would really hurt him. He won't be able to handle sharing you with anyone."

"I know." Titus folded his arms. "Hazel is just looking for security, not another relationship, and neither am I." He met his brother's gaze. "I just want someone to help take the stress away." He sighed. "Aden, he's so young, and I forced him into this. Neither of us regret having Saigon. We both love him, it's just..." He bit his lip. "I should have given him a few more years before talking about kids."

"I really do think this is a good idea, but dangerous one as well. Make sure that it's Aden decision not yours."

Titus agreed. "I don't want to hurt him, but he really needs the help."

"Maybe try it out for a couple of days and see how Aden feels after."

"Thanks Darius. I'll talked to him tonight about it." Rubbing his face, Titus headed back to the room.

***

Darius herded the boys into the eating chamber the following morning to find Titus sitting alone in the corner. Daven ran over to him and climbed into his uncle's arm.

"I'm going to assume Aden didn't take it well." Darius sat down next to his brother.

Titus let out a deep breath. "He started crying, and now he won't even talk to me." He looked to Darius. "I explained everything to him just like you said."

"Well I didn't guarantee it would actually work."

"Thanks a lot." Titus rubbed his face. "He's never going to forgive me."

"Titus," came a soft voice.

Both man watched Aden enter with Rose holding Saigon. She whispered something in his ear and encouraged him to keep going. Titus put Daven to the side and hurried to his feet.

Aden approached him, keeping his head pointed at the ground. "Alright," he breathed. "We can try it."

Titus hugged him. "Not if it's going to hurt you. I never meant to do that."

The white haired male sighed. "It's fine. Rose and I talked," he glanced over his shoulder. "I-I think it's a good idea." He met his mate's gaze. "But if you ever have sex with her, I will never forgive you. I don't share, so if you ever cheat on me, I'm taking Saigon, and I'll have my mother help me raise him. We both know she'd be happy too and not to mention she'd kick your ass for cheating on me."

Titus smiled. "I'm well aware." He kissed his cheek. "Hazel just there to help you, nothing else. I promise."

Aden returned the smile. "I guess we better go pack than because Hazel deserves her own room if she has to put up with you." He turned to leave.

"Where'd that come from?" exclaimed Titus.

"Rose introduced us." He glared at his mate over his shoulder. "You could have mentioned she like fifty year old, jackass."

Darius started to laugh as his mother and Aden left the room. "You idiot you didn't even tell him her age."

"I panicked," retorted Titus.

Darius just continued to laugh at his brother's expense. "Well you never do well under pressure."

"Ha. Ha," muttered Titus as he went to help pack.