( five ) the lab

THE LAB
' i won't hesitate to spank you '

"Nietzsche once said, "Man is as a rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman

"Nietzsche once said, "Man is as a rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting." Reginald tells his kids from the top floor. The billionaire gives Vanya a nod before she blows the whistle. The kids start to run up the flights up stairs. "As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of its own accord you must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective."

Five and Reese give each other a side glance, a smirk etching onto their faces as the girl's eyes start to turn black.

Reese presses her had to the shadow on the wall before melting into the shadows, reappearing at the front of the group beside Five.

"That's not fair, Five and Reese are cheating!" Number Two whines. The two just laugh before continuing to race up the stairs.

"They adapted."

Reese looks up at the staircase, examining it a bit as she continues to run up it. "Guys, grabs onto me." They hesitantly do as she says.

Reese reaches for the shadow once again, but this time the rest of the group melts into the shadows, reappearing at the top of the stair case.

The blue eyed girl smiles to herself before doing the same. She blinks a couple times as she reappears beside the rest of the Academy, feeling a bit light headed from using that ability too much.

"The ties that bind you together - make you stronger than you are alone."

Reese stumbles backwards, hitting the railing behind her. Her entire body seems to glitch, making her turn into a shadow for a second, intangible.

Due to her sudden intangibility, the girl falls through the railing. "Five!" She calls out, immediately catching the attention of her friends.

Five warps to the girl, grabbing her right before she hit the floor and warping back up to where everyone stood.

"Number Eight, you have failed this training and will be spending the night outsjde." Reginald says before turning to walk away. The girl just nods, staring down at her feet.

"But she's the one-"

"Would you like to join her, number two?"

That shut the boy up. Number Two gives his best friend a sad look, but her eyes never left the ground as she made her was to the room.

Five purses his lips, not liking the sad look on the girl's face as she walked away.

"They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you." Allison and Klaus had just finished getting their tattoos. The young boy was attempting to comfort his sister. "And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard.
It will be painful."