( nine ) the briefcase

THE BRIEFCASE
' you better come back, dipshit '

THE BRIEFCASE' you better come back, dipshit '

"Reese, baby, i'm so proud of you." The brunette woman says, pulling her daughter in for a hug. "Sir Reginald has told me all about how your training is going."

"He did?"

"Yeah, he even said your powers are developing well and that they're quite extraordinary!" The woman says. "I was thinking that once your brother gets back from his practice, I take both of you and our neighbors out for a little shopping trip, eh?"

"Um, yeah sure. Sounds great, mom!"

"Oh, I forgot." The woman says reaching into her pocket and pulling out a long box. "This is from your grandmother. It's not really an heirloom, but it used to be hers and she wants you to have it."

"Grandma Reese?"

"Yes, Grandma Reese." The woman says with a small chuckle. Reese excitedly lifts the lid on the box.

Inside was a gold chained necklace with the name 'Reese' attached to the center of it. It was so shiny that the girl could see a bit of her reflection on it.

"I told her all about what you're doing and she wanted you to have it. Your grandfather gave it to her when they were around your age."

"It's so beautiful. I'll never take it off!"

"Well, maybe take it off once in a while, you don't want it to get all rusty now, do you?"

Reese sat on the couch, twirling her necklace in her fingers as she stared out the window.

A loud cracking sound causes the girl to sigh, turning her head towards the sound. "About time."

"What? I'm only a minute late."

"Early is on time, Dimples. You should know this." Reese says with a small smirk, making Five roll his eyes. "So, everything on your part set?"

"Yeah, the bucket of water and trip wire is in place. How about you?"

"I told him that Reginald wanted to see him up there, he should be walking into the trap any sec-"

"REESE!"

Five and Reese snicker, doing a little handshake before picking up a book and acting as if they had no idea what was going on.

"Reese, what the hell?!"

The two kids turn to see a drenched Number One looking at them with a glare. "Dude, you're getting the floors all wet. What happened to you?"

"Don't play dumb, Reese I know you did this!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, goldilocks." Reese says, turning back to her book.

"Yeah, she was here with me the whole time." Five chimes in, making Reese grin. "And it's not like someone can be in two places at once."