Mr Bossy

Jacqueline's POV

How did I even ended up in this predicament? Like any other 20 year old I was supposed to enjoy my youth without a care in the world, not thinking about 101 ways of getting rid of this stupid ring out of my finger.

I grumbled while twisting and turning that thing, hoping that it would just magically disappear, as if it never existed to begin with. But no, it was stubborn enough to the point where I thought I had found a competitor for my stubbornness. I sneered and thought about the person who had begin the process of turning my life into a golden cage.

Argh...that idiot, son of a racoon! How dare he trust a ring into my finger which was half size smaller compared to my finger? We're not even married but he has already started bossing around, making me dance according to his own beats!

Sighing, I looked at the ring dejectedly. I don't understand why is life being so unfair with me. I just couldn't help it. The ring felt like a cage, trapping me into something I had never wished for. Seeing it makes me visualise, the ring mocking me about my liberty which was gone for good. But I have to do this for my dad. Even if that meant dealing with a cold, deceitful and cunning man for an entire year.

If I thought I hated him before the engagement, then after that unfaithful day, I officially started loathing him.  That idiot actually had the audacity to prepone the engagement date right after the day, I signed his stupid contact. I don't even understand what was he thinking.

Maybe he thought I would somehow come up with a brilliant plan and elope with my lover if he delayed our wedding any longer? Then, that would leave him no choice but to look for another scapegoat to sign his damn contract.

Oh I wish! If only I had a lover.

Snorting, I looked at the picture in my room hanging proudly on my walls. It was a recent photo of me and my dad. I was hugging his neck from the back while he sat there posing for the camera with a smile, forming wrinkles around his eyes. And he looked so happy in that picture. Seeing that picture just increased the guilt of me deceiving my father by not letting him know about the contract I signed without his consent. But it's for the better. I suppose.

Then my eyes fell on the mannequin placed at the corner of my room which made me to instantly grumble. And I can't help but cringe everytime my eyes falls on it. No, it's not striped naked. If that's want you're wondering. And to be honest, I would rather prefer a naked mannequin a hundred times over this one.

Why you ask?

Because just looking at it makes me dread the upcoming days. And that good for nothing Mr Bossy didn't just prepone our engagement date, that fox had also preponed the date of our wedding!

Oh! How lucky of me?

Even though I do know my doomsday  would come to haunt me sooner or later, I couldn't digest the fact that he wasn't even giving me enough time to prepare myself for the golden cell that I would be trapped for the next one year.

And the most annoying part of all this is that he never asks or requests, he just orders and that is something that irked me to no end. I am a person who never took orders from anyone. Even my father never had the habit of ordering me but this guy knows nothing but to boss around. And he's just becoming more unbearable as the days roll by.

He chose the dates.

He chose the rings.

He booked the venue.

He chose my gown.

And he even had the audacity to demand who were allowed for the wedding.

Like, I don't get this guy. If he can get so worked up for a fake wedding and a fake bride, mind I say, I wonder how would he handle his real matrimonial stuffs when he actually gets married for real in the future. That is if anyone would be tolerant enough to handle him and his demands. Well, good luck for him then.

Also, knowing that in less than a week, I would be replacing this mannequin, wearing it's carefully embroidered gown, tiara and silver heels wasn't helping me in any way either. I bet walking in those heels would be more challenging than walking down the aisle.

Marrying that snobbish man, giving up my freedom for a year, having to put up with his status of being his wife, tolerating his bossy ass, all these weren't as disturbing as the idea of me deceiving my own father. He has so much hope for me and my marriage. Don't ask me how but I can see the contentment and glee coating his face whenever he discusses about the wedding preparations. And I have no idea how would he react when I get divorced after a year.

Dropping my shoulders in defeat, I looked at my mom's wedding picture placed on my nightstand. She looked so lively and happy in that picture. Of course who wouldn't feel that way when the person they were married to was a person like my dad. Mom and dad were an ideal couple but I guess good things never lasts long. Sighing I picked up her picture and stared at her radiant face.

" Mom, do you think what I am doing is right? Would you stop me from doing something as bizarre as this if you were here?" I whispered and instead of getting cues for my questions I heard my phone ringing.

Agrh...it just had to ring at the wrong time!

Groaning, I stretched my hand to my back and grabbed the ringing phone. Out of frustration, I barked in the phone not caring who was the one on the opposite end.

"What!?"

" I am picking you up tomorrow, sharp at 10 and I dont prefer tardiness"

After hearing that the line went dead, leaving me with a open mouth.

" He...Did he just hung up on me!?"

" Why?"

" Where?"

"For what?"

Aaagrrhhhh.....who does he think would answer all those questions!? Asshole! I am so tempted to kick him on his guts. Does he think I am his slave? And he said he wanted me to be punctual? For what?

Seeing his increasing attitude as the days roll by, I so wish I could just call off the wedding and move on with my own life but what about dad and his company? That's the only reason I am toleranting his arrogant ass. If not....

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my breathing to calm myself.

" It's okay Jacq...its just one year and you are doing this for dad. And you would be free after a year. After all what could go wrong in just a year? Right mom?" I whispered again to my mom's picture and felt something warm spreading all over me. It felt like I was being embraced by my mom's soul. And I instantly felt homey and snuggled into my pillow, monetarily forgetting about my disturbing present and my uncertain future.
-------------------------------------------------