Confused

Third Person's POV

" Sir here's the reports you had asked for" Mr Norman, Benjamin's secretary passed the file to his boss who was now busy attending a conference call. While still on the call, he signals Mr Norman to put the file on his desk. After placing the file, Mr Norman excused himself and retrieved to his cabin.

He gazed at the busy city below him through the see-through window of his office while still attending the call. It was already 7 pm most of the citizen would already be back at home and relaxing but for working gave him more content.

Feeling his back muscles turning stiff, he stood up from his expensive leather chair and made his way to the glass panel to have a better view scenario outside his building, which was turning dark and moody. He slide both his hands into his pocket and kept staring at the city, still actively listening to his investors through his Bluetooth

After an hour or so, the call ended and, he took the file and started leafing through it. The front page had the picture of his to be wife.

Jacqueline Valentina Knight

He uttered in a hoarse voice as his fingers, caressed her name. She was his fiance right now. Fake one of course. The fact that she had signed the contract even after him telling about all the clause, disgusted him. Of course, he wanted to use her as a tool to get away from the entire marriage talk for a year or so, but he wasn't being entirely selfish either. Right?

He offered her money as compensation. Though she acted as if she was a non-money-minded person, deep down he knew that she was nothing but a gold digger. She was just good at pretending to be someone she wasn't.

And he wasn't a fool to believe all that crap. He might have used her father to make her agree to this wedding, maybe he was deceiving her but he knew that she ain't innocent also. She can fool his parents but not him.

He exactly knew what girls like her were made off. Cunningness, deception and dishonesty. Every single quality which he hated in a human. So, he knew what she was up to. If she thought she could deceive him with her clueless looks and innocent eyes than she was wrong. Very wrong. Benjamin Douglas Russo was not someone to be played with.

When his eyes fell on her for the first time, he got intrigued and fascinated by her. Her rejection made him thought that not the entire female population was materialistic. Though his ego got damaged by her rejection, she earned his respect.

However, when he heard his parents say she had agreed for the wedding, the respect he had for her turned into a complete disdain. She was just another girl who was playing hard to get. And when he thought about the nerves she had to play him, his mind started to fill with rage.

However, as everyone says, Benjamin isn't a man who acts on his impulses. His moves are calm and collected. And thats what made him more fearful because one will never know what runs in his mind. It made him more dangerous and people always thought twice before speaking to him, afraid of getting on his bad side. Because that was something they avoided at all course.

And thinking that I mere girl tried playing him irked him to no end. So, he decided to use her to his advantage. After all, she was the one who had brought this upon herself. Hence, he saw no reason why he shouldn't make use of the opportunity knocking on his door.

So, he immediately picked the contract that he had prepared long ago before meeting her and just asked his lawyer to add her name in the contract. He made sure the contract favoured him more compared to her. And she had signed the contract even after him telling her about all the clauses. She didn't care about the money, the time she would be stuck in this marriage and even about her self respect. She claims to bare all that for her father. But he couldn't buy that reason.