Chapter Fifteen

I snuggled in Ric's embrace as he gently stroked my arm. Our clothes and most of my bedding were on the floor in a heap. A single blanket covered us. The silence was beautiful and Ric's heartbeat was so peaceful. I wanted to spend forever like this.

Within a few minutes of being in total peace, I fell asleep clinging to Ric. He wrapped his arms around me tighter, reassuring me he wasn't going anywhere. As I slept, he carefully grabbed the blankets that had fallen and covered us.

After a bit, he fell asleep. His body heat warmed me up better than any blanket ever could. I loved him, I knew I was far too young to truly understand it but I didn't care. He was everything I wanted in a guy. He was brilliant but was never cocky about it. He was sympathetic and understanding, gave me more love than I deserved and treated me nothing less than his queen.

As much as I loved him, I feared that I wasn't good enough for him. He was 14  years my senior for starters and I felt like I was wasting his time. Why would he want to date a sixteen year old girl who spent ninety eight percent of her time reading books?

I wasn't super attractive either. I had freckles all over my body in random areas, terrible vision with glasses that made my eyes seem rather big and bangs that made me look like a twelve year old. But none of that seemed to bothered Ric.

I honestly couldn't help but wonder what he saw when he would look at me.