Chapter Twenty One

We got to the field several minutes later. Jason kept blabbering on and on until I snapped. "God, will you shut up! If I wanted to listen to you talk, I would've watched Alvin and the Chipmunks even more high pitched because that's what you sound like right now." Most of the kids laughed. "What did you just call me, slut?" That crossed a huge boundary. "I called you a chipmunk, you twerp." He grew more and more angry. "Shut up Violet!" "Make me."

Ric looked at me, I couldn't tell if he was proud, worried or a combination of both. "Violet, please sit down and Jason, don't ever call a woman that again." I did, that was the first time I had ever stood up for myself and it felt darn good. Jason remained quiet.

While we ate, I sat with Ric, Sarah and Elijah. Sarah was grinning the whole time. "You guys are so cute." I blushed, "Thanks." "How long has this been a thing?" She asked as I took a bite of my sandwich. I looked over at Ric. "Since the Friday before school started." He answered, quickly removing the mustard from my chin. "So like a week?" I checked my phone. He and I met on the fourth and it was the tenth. Was it really only six days so far? It felt like so much longer than that. "Yeah but it's felt like six years." Ric chimed in, my blush worsened.  "Well with the amount of chemistry you guys have, it'll last longer than six years." Elijah smiled at us. "I hope so." I giggled as Ric held my hand on the grass.

After eating, I went to the bathroom to get cleaned up. I used one of my throw away toothbrushes and scrubbed my teeth clean. "There she is." I heard a girl say as she and few of her friends walked. Shit, it was Hayley, Jason's girlfriend and her best friends.  I just kept doing my thing. "Hey Violet." Hayley said, creepily touching my shoulder. "What do you guys want?" "An apology." I threw away the toothbrush, "I don't need to apologize to anyone. You need to control your boy toy." Hayley shoved me against the wall, "Shut up bitch. You don't know the first thing about relationships." But you see, that's where you're wrong. I thought to myself as I struggled to get away. "Just let me go, Hayley." "Wait.. I take that back. You do know about relationships because you're dating the teacher you little slut." "No I'm not." She rolled her eyes, "Oh come on, Violet. The way he looks at you in class? The way he says your name during attendance? Puh-lease, it's obvious he's into you. I bet you can't wait to get some of that dick." I shoved her off as I walked back outside.

I never hated someone more than I hated Hayley. She was worse than Jason and made it known that she was queen bee. I couldn't wait for the time where I would never have to deal with her again. I walked back to my friends and Ric. "You okay?" Ric asked as I sat back down. I shook my head no, "I'll tell you later." I mumbled before resting my head in my hands. I couldn't wait until I was in his arms later, I really needed him.