Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.

****************************************************************************************

I reached my destination and finally I let the tears fall.

Falling to my knees, my body trembled as sobs escaped my lips. The night was cold and silent. Nobody was there there to console me. Nobody was there to hold me and embrace me and assure me everything was going to be okay. Nobody cared.

I stood up in anger and frustration, moving to the edge of the bridge and watching the dark river flow beneath me. The water looked deep and scary.

Maybe I should just jump. I thought as my hands gripped onto the railings tightly.

It'd be easier on everyone. I had nothing to offer and nobody wanted me anyway. What was the point of living when there was basically nothing to live for? Why not just end it?

I edged closer to the railing. Just jump.

Tears welled my eyes once again and I turned away from the river.

I couldn't do it. No matter how much I hated my life, I just didn't have it in me to do it.

A sob escaped my lips again and I slid down to a sitting position, resting my back against the wall of the bridge and bringing my knees to my chest.

God why is this happening? Why? Why bring me into this world in the first place?

Sniffling, I used the back of my palm and wiped the flowing tears off my face as I willed myself to stop crying. There was no point in crying anyway. Might as well save the tears for later in the day.

I was tired. Tired of everything. Tired of trying to live for people who wanted me dead. Tired of being rejected and spat on. Tired of being alone.

I lifted up my eyes to the night sky to gaze at the stars, willing them to distract me before horrible thoughts penetrated my mind again.

The stars in the sky were less, probably due to the fact that it was cloudy tonight. And though it was midnight, the sky seemed to be a mix of dark blue and soft purple.

Or maybe it was just my purple eye playing tricks on me.

I sighed heavily, looking away from the sky. The waterworks had stopped, but I wished the hurt I felt inside stopped as well.

After a moment, I looked up at the sky again and on cue, I spotted a shooting star. I gaped in surprise, seeing as it was a rare occurence to see one at this time of year. A few seconds passed and another shooting star flew past.

I don't know what came over me, and I wasn't the type to believe in such things, but I straightened up and closed my eyes, silently making a wish.

I stayed like that for a few seconds, then I slowly opened my eyes. I took in a small breath and then let it out, feeling a little sense of hope wash over me.

I heard that if one makes a wish on a falling star, it would come true. I don't know if that fact was true or not, I didn't care either.

All I know was that this was my way of clinging on to hope. Or at least the little hope that I had left.