21

I wanna be on a rooftop with someone at 3am just looking at the stars.

****************************************************************************************

It was almost thirty minutes past eleven o'clock.

After we had all devoured the foods and snacks and licking half of the bowl of ice cream, I thanked them once more and wished them a goodnight.

Dennis followed me to my room and he shut the door after we both entered inside.

"Dennis, thank you so much for all you did for me tonight. I don't know how I'm going to repay you." I began.

He chuckled and shook his head. He sat himself on the bed and stared at me.

"You should stop doing that. You've been thanking me since you got here." He replied.

"I'm serious Dennis. You have been nothing but extremely nice to me and you don't even know me that well. I have no idea how I will ever repay you and your family." I admitted and sat beside him.

"No need for that, okay? Seriously. You don't have to repay us or anything. I'm happy you are here with us and that's all that matters to me." He replied me, squeezing my hand.

I hugged him immediately and I was happy that he hugged me back even tighter. I sniffled again as my emotions came back to me, my mind swivelling back to how pathetic my life was, how I've been treated my entire life. It's not easy to find people who are willing to accept someone with open arms in this world. There are really few in this world who still have good and humanity in them, one of them including Dennis and his family.

If not for him, if not that I had met him, I don't know where else I would have been now. Probably still on the bridge or drowned in the river. But Dennis was there to help me.

I didn't know I had been crying until I heard Dennis say, "No tears, Lisa."

He was rubbing his hand up and down my back to calm me, and whispering things into my ear.

"I'll try." I croaked out, wiping my eyes.

As we broke away from the hug, I couldn't help but notice something from the corner of my eye.