We look at the same stars, and see such different things.

****************************************************************************************

"I'm sixteen years old." I started.

"I'm seventeen. Soon to be eighteen in November" He said.

November. "When in November?" I asked quizzical.

"November 12th." He replied. "When's yours?"

"August 24th." I answered meekly.

He's blue eyes shone. "Hey that's next month!"

"Yeah." I replied quietly, not really sharing in his excitement.

A moment passed. "I like oranges." He said, changing the topic.

"I prefer apples." I chuckled.

Another moment of silence took over.

"Wait." I heard him mumble. Suddenly he faced me again, gripping his hands firmly on my forearms. I bit my lip to prevent myself from wincing in pain from the injury mom gave me a few days ago.

"The question I'm about to ask will determine our friendship." He stated, staring into my eyes intently.

I blinked. "Okay." I said, but it sounded more like a question.

He let go of me gently. "What would you prefer - blueberry or strawberry?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" That was a weird question.

"Blueberry or strawberry?" He looked so serious I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Blueberry." I decided to say. I had never really tasted a blueberry before or anything that had blueberry. It was solely because it was my favorite color that I chose it. Strawberry was a little to overrated in my opinion. Too many people liked strawberries.

Hearing my answer, he grinned. "Me too. I hate strawberries."

"Why?"

"When I was younger, I think ten years old, my sisters decided to knock me unconscious and give me a makeover but with strawberries. I have no idea how they did it but when I woke up and saw myself in a mirror, my whole face was pink. With strawberries. Bad strawberries!" He grimaced. "And I mistakenly tasted it."

I threw my head back, laughing out loud. "They knocked you unconscious?"

"And it was on my birthday. They called it a birthday prank."

I giggled again, covering my mouth with my right palm. "That's so evil."

When I saw him staring at me quietly, my laughing spree slowly ceased. "What?" I asked nervously.

He shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips. "Nothing."

"Um.. how many siblings do you have?" I asked so that it did not become awkward.

"Three. Two elder sisters and a younger brother." He answered. "It was my elder sisters that played that dirty prank on me."

I chuckled lightly and faced the sky. "Tell me more about them. "

I caught his smile grow in my peripheral vision. "Well my eldest sister is twenty-four years old. She's married. She's a control freak, but she's nice. My second sister is twenty. She just finished college and is currently working as a journalist so we usually don't see her a lot 'cause she's always travelling. And my younger brother is thirteen. He likes football and video games a lot."

"Don't all boys do?" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm more of an eat-and-sleep kinda guy. Like if I was to have a spirit animal, it would be a koala."

I chuckled at him and rested my back on the bridge wall.

"Do you have any siblings?"

I nodded gently. "I do. A sister."

"Tell me more about her." He said, copying my position.

"Well, she's my twin sister, but we're very different. She's more of an extrovert than I am. And she's a social media kind of person while I'm more into books and stuff. She's really cool and she has a big heart. She's the best sister in the entire world." At least she was before she started acting like I didn't exist. But I didn't need to tell him that.

"You speak so highly of her. Most twins usually hate each other."

Did she grow to hate me like most twins did? Was that why she treated me the way she did?

The night wind blew and I heard a rustle in the near distance.

"I could never hate my sister. She's my everything."

___

I feel like if I had a twin, we would wreak havoc.