Spineless

They found out that it was a false alarm. Of course it was, Scarlet told you that.

You weren't stupid to tell them that you knew all about it. The redhead might turn it around and point fingers at you, then your reputation will be ruined for the whole year.

You heard students groan when it was time to go back to class. You groaned dramatically too, it's not even the subject you like.

You grit your teeth, you can't even look forward to lunch anymore. Scarlet will be there waiting for you.

Before you could go very far...

"(Y/n)!" You turned around and see a certain, tall ginger. He had a steely expression on his face, but you could tell that he was happy to see you by the twinkle in his brown eyes.

"Yo, Lyonechka!" You gave him a small salute and a neutral smile. Deep down, you really do not want to face him.

He widened his eyes in surprise for a brief moment before averting his gaze somewhere else. There is a deep scowl in his face and his cheeks are red.

You brought your guard up, thinking that he's going to throw punches in your direction. For sure, you're a good dodger.

He did a little jog towards you before stopping right in front of you. You gulped in fear when you realized that he's extremely tall and menacing. But you thought that it was better than dealing with Scarlet.

"Can you— can you— um." He grimaced at himself. You raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh... um..." he stuttered so much that you had to check your wristwatch in hopes of giving him the hint to hurry up.

"Accompany me during lunch!?" He raised his voice, he sounded furious and rude. You frowned and took a few steps backward.

Lyonechka realized what he has done, he clasped his mouth shut and stared at you wide eyed.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered.

"Keep this intimidation thing up and we can't be friends anymore." You gave him an assertive warning. He watched you with a gaping mouth.

"I'm not trying to intimidate you!" The ginger felt his blood boil, he's trying his best! Why doesn't anything go his way?!

"But you are intimidating me. It's either you lose your damn attitude or lose this friendship. I can't accept whatever that is you're displaying." You hugged your arms.

"I already said I'm sorry!"
He defended himself.

"Hate to break it to ya, bud. 'Sorry' doesn't cut it for me, I need some real improvements in your behavior. Saying the 'S-word' does not magically make everything okay and you need to know that. You also need to actively try to fix the problems." Your lecture left him speechless.

"And you have a LOT to unpack." He opened his mouth to say something, but you already turned around and speed walked away along with the crowds of tired students.

He has never apologized to anyone, ever. Just for the sake of the friendship between the both of you, he learnt how to lower his ego to say it. It was agonizingly difficult for him to do so and he was proud of it.

But hearing that it is not enough crushed his soul.

He frowned and bit his inner cheeks, trying not to explode in rage.

"Joni, Joni, Joni!" You shook her arm.

"H-huh? What?" She groggily replied. "What's with the red mark—"

"Economics class is over, I gotta ask you something." She yawned and stretched her limbs.

"What's up?" She smacked her lips, she's always asleep during economics.