Benefits

"...yeah, that's— that's my class right there." You meekly pointed at the door.

To your dismay, she did not let go of your hand. She continued holding it until both of you arrive right in front of your classroom.

"Thanks for the lunch and... uhh, your help." You awkwardly tried to take your bag and books off her. She was adamant on carrying your things for you as she deem it "too heavy" for your back.

You would be lying if you say that it did not make your heart flutter a bit.

She smirked as you awkwardly placed your hands out for her to give your belongings back.

"Well?" She spoke, tapping her foot on the ground repeatedly.

"Huh?"

"Aren't you going to open the door?" She continued.

"You're having class with me too?"

"No."

"Then, why—" she lets out a soft groan before opening the door. Your face paled when she marched right in as if it was her personal home.

Your classmates stared at her with such respect and fear, her presence alone was enough to make everyone stop what they're doing.

You were glad that the teacher wasn't there yet. You sighed and stepped in the classroom, feeling disappointed that the only empty seat left was at the back of the class. You can't concentrate there!

Oh well, it's your fault for coming in considerably late. Well, lunch isn't actually over yet, many of your classmates arrived early to choose their seats.

You pursed your lip and turned to face Scarlet.

"Thanks, Scarlet—" you watched her with your mouth open in shock.

"Get up." She glared at a student sitting in front, right next to the window. The student then whimpered before immediately bending to her demands.

"Hey! What's all this?" You jogged to the perfect seat. Scarlet ignored you as the shivering student scrambled to move to the other seat.

"You deserve the best." Your girlfriend placed your files down onto the desk and gently dropped your (f/c) bag on the chair.

"You don't need to do... that!" You spoke in a hushed tone, giving the petrified student a sympathetic look. You don't want people to be afraid of you because of Scarlet, that's going to give you a harder time making friends!

"I may be a punk in this school, but even I know that no one scores while sitting at the back. At the end of the day, you're going to blame your bad grades on me and try to use that as a pathetic excuse to leave this relationship." She firmly poked your chest with an index finger.

You never thought of that. Even if you did, you probably wouldn't do it because you don't know how she would react. At least she cares about your grades, not too shabby.

"Besides, you're with me. I want you to have the best shit available in this crappy school." She added, her features becoming softer.

"But—"

"Are you rejecting me?" She scowled. You jolted and shook your head.

"That's what I thought." She ruffled your hair and smirked at you.

You shuddered as you took a seat, Scarlet really gave you the best. The sunlight is shining directly onto your desk, it's not too hot and not too cold there, you have the full view of the whiteboard too.

"Don't share this to anyone." She tossed a packet of gum onto your desk.

"What?" You picked it up and gave her a puzzled look.