Sunday shenanigans

"—make sure to drink enough water, give yourself a rest and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll call you tomorrow." Scarlet fixed your clothes for you.

"Why are you always messy...?" She quietly mumbled under her breath as she tidied your hair with her fingers. You pretended not to hear that.

"Ok." You muttered, a large grocery bag filled with various stationeries hung lazily on your arm.

"Goodbye." She kissed you on the cheek before turning around to get into her car.

You waved goodbye as she drives away.

"She's a nice girl." Your mother commented from behind.

"Never expected her to personally thank me again." Your mother continued.

"Me neither."

"Goddamnit dad. Why are you so goddamn lazy? At least I get to make five bucks outta this..." you grumbled to yourself as you hauled the trashbag on your shoulder. Your father is in the living room, watching TV.

Your mother went out with her friends to grab a cup of coffee. He delegated all his chores and responsibility to you. In exchange, he's giving you a dollar for every chore.

That doesn't sound like a very good deal. But it was better than being grounded for not doing any of them.

You grunted as you struggle to dump the bag of trash into the bin.

"Hng...! Huh?" The load suddenly became lighter. It took you a few seconds to realize that someone is picking it up from your hands.

"Hey, thanks bud—" your grin fell when you realize who it is. He already had his arms out to hug you.

"(Y/n)!" Before you could scream or do anything, you're engulfed in a warm hug. Your face is smushed against his broad chest and your arms are trapped between his. Lyonechka smells nice, like a dollar-store car freshener.

"A hug feels so good!" He squealed, petting you like an overexcited child with a fluffy cat. Ruffling your hair, clothes and sanity.

He doesn't care. The entire world can laugh at him all they want. But in the end, he's winning. They're laughing at him for having such a wonderful time with the person he loved.

"Geddoff me!" Your yell is muffled.

"Then unblock me!" He replied, playfully swaying you side to side.

"DAD!" You tried calling out for him. But being the dad you know and love, he's asleep on his favourite couch with football matches playing on the TV.

"Please lemme go— oh. Thanks." Lyonechka really released his hold on you instantly. You smoothened your clothes and flattened your messy hair.

"Here, a romantic gift for my romantic partner." He presented a cute, little potted succulent plant with two hands.

You stared at it. Yes, it would be a great addition to your room. No, it is not nice to lead Lyonechka on without returning his (weird) feelings towards you.

You took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Listen, Lyonechka. This is nice and all, but no. Thanks." You gently pushed it back to him.

He frowned.

"Please?" He pushed it back. "I paid five bucks for this..." The boy pouted.

"A week is literally not enough for you to fall for me." You spat, getting frustrated.

"How did— how did your personality even change that much overnight!? You were so afraid of people teasing you for liking someone that you would actively hate on everyone. But now— you're literally embarrassing yourself by acting like a dumbass! I don't get it, what's so special about me?!" You ranted.