chapter two

Today was the day I have been looking forward to, since summer started. The day I finally get to go back to Hogwarts. I woke up in high spirits, very excited for the day that would come. The first day of my fifth year! As I got out of bed I realized I was actually running a bit late, which was unusual for me. But nothing could ruin my good mood, on that note I headed toward my huge closet, to pick out the clothes I would be wearing today. I chose a light pink knitted sweater along with a white pleated skirt, and some cute sneakers. I applied some minimal makeup, and gathered my long hair in a messy plait. I quickly thought of my brother who I was sure was still asleep. I knocked on his door and with no answer I went in only to realize he wasn't there. Strange, Draco never gets up early on his own accord. When I made my way downstairs  I saw my trunk, along with Draco's and Winston in his cage neatly lined up by the door, surely moved by the house elves. When I went in to the dining room and saw my whole family was almost done with breakfast I went in on my beans on toast in a rush. My Father disapproved "Helena Grace Malfoy, I would expect you to eat in a ladylike manner." he said in a sharp voice. "Sorry, Father" I said to my chagrin, while I wiped my mouth and started chewing slowly. "Oh Draco, by the way, thanks for waking me up" I snapped, much to his amusement apparently, because he burst out laughing. After my mother gave him a sharp look, he muttered his apology. After the House elf informed us that the cars from the Ministry of Magic were here to take us to the station, we all got up. My father's post at the Ministry sure had it's perks. 

On the way to the station, I noticed Draco was being really quiet. "Okay, what's up? You're being suspiciously quiet" I asked while nudging his shoulder with my own.  "I don't know, I'm suddenly feeling anxious." he confessed. "Draco, you have absolutely nothing at all to worry about. You're one of the most popular boys in our year." I reminded him. At that he only nodded and said nothing else. When we got to the station, and had gotten past the wall that got us on station 9 3/4, it was time to say our goodbyes. I first hugged my mother, who I would miss the most, "Remember to write every week, I don't want to miss anything." I smiled as I rolled my eyes, since it had been the third or fourth time she's said something like that. To my surprise it was Draco who spoke next "Of course we will, or Helena will, you know how I get wrapped up in things and forget, but I'll try." he promised, which got a smile out of my worrying mother. After a quick hug to my father and yet another promise to write, Draco and I got on the train.

We started walking along the corridor trying to find the compartment that would hold our friends. After a few compartments we found it, as soon as it went in everyone was buzzing with excitement. I guess you could say we were popular, we were pretty famous among all the Slytherins. I sat next to Eve who was excited to see me even though we'd seen each other the day before. My brother sat next to Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson. On my other side was Vincent Crabbe, and next to him was seated my other best friend Blair Everglade. Gregory Goyle got to the cart a few minutes after we did. The train was full of excited chatter, and so was our compartment. Everyone wanted to know how our summers were. My brother got into the facade he wears at school, the whole bad boy thing that really just makes him be a git to everyone, but me. I was feeling in very high spirits as I talked to some of my closest friends at school.

Eve, was hands down the sweetest girl in Slytherin, she did not have a single malicious bone in her body, but she would definitely put someone in their place if she needed to. We were a perfect pair because while she was all rainbows and unicorns, I gave her some perspective on what the world was really like. Blair on the other hand, was a talkative and a bit of a badmouth. Most people saw her as a stereotypical popular bitch, but once you truly got to know her she really was so kind. She also played an excelent Beater in the Slytherin House Quidditch team. We bonded over our love of Quidditch. My brother played Seeker in his second year, but I've beaten him out of the spot every year since. 

Everyone started to go change out of their muggle clothes and into their school robes except Draco, who had to go into the prefects carriage, but I stayed behind to chatter to Blair. When I finally got up and was making my way to the bathroom I heard my brother's familiar voice "Tell me, how does it feel being second-best to Weasley, Potter?" he sneered. "Shut up, Malfoy" I heard non other than Hermione Granger say. "I seem to have touched a nerve, well, just watch yourself, Potter, because I'll be dogging your footsteps in case you step out of line" Draco spat. "Oh, Draco, why must you be such a prick on this fine day?" I asked while raising and eyebrow at him. "What is it to you, dear sister?" he sniggered as he made his way back to our compartment. "Forgive my brother, he's just being his most arrogant self" I apologized as Harry Potter and Ron Weasley exchanged a surprised look and chortled. Hermione still looked unnerved by Draco's words. I smiled and continued on to the bathroom.

 Once I had changed and took my hair out of its plait I started to go back to my compartment, but not before bumping into one Harry Potter. "Oh Harry, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there" I apologized for the second time in the span of a few minutes. But it seemed as if he didn't register my words, his eyes seemed unfocused "Harry, are you okay?" I wondered. He looked down at me in embarrassment "Don't worry about it, Helena, it was my bad". I really liked the way he said my name. I smiled at him and got back to my friends. "What took you so long?" Eve asked me as I had taken like fifteen minutes to get back. "Oh nothing" I said, making a mental promise to tell her later.