Chapter 12: The Storm

(Y/N) P.O.V

I woke up with a startle from Aang screaming. We were on the shore all tucked in our sleeping bags. Aang and I were sharing since he didn't have his own and he was too shy to sleep with Katara and quote unquote 'sleeping with Sokka doesn't sound too pleasant'

"Huh? Uh... what's going on? Did we get captured again?" Sokka was ready with his knife and boomerang.

"It's nothing, I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Sokka rolls over back to sleep.

"Are you all right, Aang?" Katara asked. "I'm okay" He responded.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately, you wanna tell us about it?" She said motioning to 'us'. "I think I just need some rest." He said, looking away.

Suddenly Sokka sat right up from Katara's left. "You guys want to hear about my dream?" He asked excitedly. Silence follows after he says that and Katara looks at her brother in annoyance. "That's ok, I didn't wanna talk about it anyway."

Sokka and Katara lie down to go back to sleep. I patted Aang's back before laying down. A few more minutes went by and I couldn't sleep, and Aang sitting up, occupying half the blanket didn't help either. I could hear the soft snores from the siblings so I made sure to whisper. "Aang?"

He turned around with tears threatening to fall out of his sockets. I widened my eyes. He was silently crying this whole time?!. He sniffled when I didn't say anything. Suddenly he jumped into my arms, silently sobbing. "G-gyatso" He let out. I wasted no time in hugging him back as tightly as possible. "Just let it out Aang, crying is completely okay" I whispered. He cried into my chest harder and soon we both fell asleep.

__________________

I was packing the supplies as Katara was rolling up the sleeping bags. "Look at those clear skies buddy! Should be some smooth flying" Aang said, pointing at the skies. I smiled warmly at him, I'm glad he calmed down.

I look down at my hands to see just a tomato in our food bag. I picked it up in my hands. "Well, we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market, cause we're out of food." I threw the tomato towards the bison, who gladly caught it with his mouth and started chewing happily.

"Guys, wait, this was in my dream, we shouldn't go to the market." Sokka said alarmed. "What happened in your dream?" I asked.

He held onto my shoulders and shook me while speaking "Food eats people!" His eyes looked as if they were about to fall out. After a few moments of him just staring at me he turns to the Lemur.

"Also Momo could talk" He pointed at the Lemur before continuing "You said some very unkind things" He pouted.

                                   _______________

"Ah, it's good! It's perfect, I'm telling you!"

I shake the fruit around, hearing a swishing sound. "I don't know if I like the sound of that swishing."

The shopkeeper comes around the stand to face me. Aang and Sokka waited to the left of the produce stand while Sokka was carrying a basket of fruit. "Swishing means it's ripe! It's the ripe juices swishing around, eh?" Said the Shopkeeper. "Uhh.. I don't know" Katara scratched her head. "I think it's true, guys, swishing means it's ripe." Aang added. Sokka came up behind me, examining the fruit in my hands.

I put the fruit back on the stand. "I just realized we're out of money anyway." I sheepishly smiled at the shopkeeper. She groaned and snatched the basket from Sokka. As we walked by, the Shopkeeper kicked Sokka in the butt and I immediately smacked my hand across my mouth, trying to keep in my laughter.