Chapter 13: The Blue Spirit

I wringed out the water from the cloth and placed it over Sokka's forehead. "This should bring your fever down"

"And who are you, young lady? Don't you think you're a bit too pretty to be getting involved with grown folks business?"

I backed up immediately once he started coughing violently. "You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor" A snot slowly dropped from his nose,he had completely changed the subject. "That's nice, I'll tell him" Appa groaned in response which caused Sokka's and Katara's bodies to vibrate as they were laying on him. "Haha! Classic Appa!"

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang walked over. "Not so good. Being out in that storm really did a number on him." Katara replied.

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map." Aang took out a scroll and showed me the contents. "There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there." He pointed at the drawings of some mountains. "Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara began to cough after she finished.

"Not you too!" Aang exclaimed. "Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fine –" She cuts herself off with more coughing. Aang and I back up. Aang put his hands up, shielding himself from her violent coughing and I had pulled my shirt over my nose. My head started screaming 'CoRonAvIruS, SHiT iS rEaL'

"That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now look at him – he thinks he's an earthbender!"

"Take that you rock!" Sokka said, swinging at something that's not even there.

"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense too." Aang said getting up. "I'm going to find some medicine" He finished, grabbing his staff.

"I'm coming too" I said, giving the siblings a nasty look. "I don't want to be next"

Suddenly a huge flash of lightning illuminated in the sky. I grabbed his staff from his hands and set it on a nearby wall. "Maybe, it's safer if we go on foot" Aang sheepishly nodded. He then turned back. "Keep an eye on 'em guys" Appa grunts in response. "Haha! You guys are killin' me!" Sokka laughed, deliriously.

Aang and I started walking until we saw a building uphill. "Race you there?" I challenged him. Aang smirked, nodding.

Suddenly a pile of smoke from dust surrounded my vision. I coughed as it entered my lungs, I walked out of the smoke to see Aang already sprinting towards some steps. "You're using your airbending! That's cheating!" I puffed out before running after him. Thank god I took track, who knew running came in handy.

~MEANWHILE~

Author's P.O.V

A reading lookout took out two wanted posters and showed it to the telescope lookout. "Says here that the Avatar can create tornadoes and run faster than the wind and the Dual bender can combine both elements to create disaster and can literally kill someone without a second thought and that their main priority is to protect the Avatar"

"Ehh, that's just a bunch of Fire Lord propaganda. There's no way that's true."

The telescope lookout returns to his instrument, through the telescope, he had a view of three bends in the mountain pass. In a flash, a cloud of dust rockets through the bend farthest away, then the next and finally past the lookout itself. The rush of wind and dust was tremendous. Two seconds later a person was using ice as roller skates to catch up with the previous person.

The lookouts blink their eyes and then the telescope lookout blows his horn to the sky.

~-~

Aang ran into the herbalist institute, while huffing and puffing, out of breath. "Hello! I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I need some medicine for my friends. They have fevers and they've been coughing and –"