Chapter 8: You say it first

Eight months, eight long tiring months of Hatake Sakumo's flirting and charming words, of his talk of the future they would have together, of his touches, of him discussing sexual things they could do, would do, and the sexual tension.

He knew Sakumo listened to him pleasing himself at night, he wasn't sure if he watched. But it was a turn on to know he heard and so Orochi couldn't help himself. His body just reacted. And walking around with a hard-on 24/7 wasn't helping.

That's when Orochi decided he wanted the man. Not just because of how Sakumo made his body react. But he wanted everything Sakumo promised. A family, a future, sex, babies, a mate mark, marriage, and love. He loved Sakumo. There was no way to consider what he felt anything but love. He desperately needed Sakumo to say it though. Say... I love you, Orochi.

And so he waited. And waited. He was gonna lose his grasp on his emotions soon if Sakumo didn't.

A deep rumbling sexy voice snapped him out of his mind when it said...

"Orochi, I'm going to be home today and I told Kakashi we could spend the day training and working on his chakra control and ninjutsu. Besides, I'm feeling rusty and need a good work out too. Since the end of my PT, my arm stiffens up."

"That's fine. As long as Kakashi knows I still have to go to work. And I'll bring you a muscle rub, it works wonders. Nade even found a pharmacy company interested in producing it. I'd say it works even better than the Nara and Huyga rubs."

Orochi had said his goodbyes and headed off to the lab. He didn't sense Nade anywhere, but someone was here. Someone with no malicious intent so he walked in.

"Nade? Oh, hello little one. Who are you?"

A possible 4/5-year-old little girl sat in one of the lab chairs. She had brown pigtails and a peachy complexion and a frown for him. Dark brown, big eyes followed his movements.

"Hello, I'm Shizune."

Orochi smiled at the little girl. As she tracked what he was doing.

"Who are you and what are you doing?"

Orochi chuckled to himself. She was weary and watched him like a hawk, which was very smart on her part.

"Oh. Apologies. I'm just surprised to find you here. I'm Orochimaru, but my friends call me Orochi. And I work here with Tsunade. Do you know her?"

The girl smiled and nodded.

"I'm living with her. She knew my uncle. And I don't have any more family. Ummm, I didn't want to go to the orphanage. So she asked me to come to stay with her instead."

I could hear Nade's shoes clicking down the hall and she opened the door.

"I see you two have met. Orochi this is Shizune. Shizune was Dan's niece. Her father has been presumed KIA recently. Sensei informed me about the situation. I've asked Zune to come live with me. She starts at the academy this coming term and I really don't want her at the orphanage. It was too much to watch your neglect and I won't allow it to happen to her. The council really needs to do something about the system. Too many shinobi children get put there and the civilians don't know how to help them or even what to do with them. But don't let me get started on that."

"Nade, I think you already did. Maybe we can propose something to Sensei. I just don't want to get stuck doing it ourselves if we do."

She gave that 'yeah right look' knowing full well if we bring it up to Sensei and he accepted and the council approves, that them getting stuck doing the job is exactly what would happen.