[Chapter III • Finding Logan Fell]

"You made breakfast?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion

"Ah!" Emma yelped, stumbling on her feet. I could feel her eyes burning into me with annoyance.

"Sorry," I whispered, hiding a smirk. I could be very quiet on my feet. Every step I took was well-thought out before I even got out of bed. "Didn't mean to scare you."

Emma huffed, I could hear her shuffling some plates around on the counter. "It's fine. And, yeah, I made us some omelettes and bacon. I woke up early and went to the store, got us some groceries to last for the next few days."

"Thank you," I slowly sat down at the dinning table next to the open kitchen area.

"No problem," She dismissed, making her way over to me before setting down--what I assumed to be--a plate full of delicious smelling food. "There you go. Napkin and fork to your right. Do you want orange juice, milk, or water?"

I reached to the side and picked up the utensil Emma indicated and leaned over the table. "A glass of orange juice, please."

I focused on my meal while Emma was still in the kitchen. There was one thing Emma loved most and that was cooking. She was a master chef and also a magnificent baker. So when I took a bite from my omelette, I moaned at the exquisite spices and herbs she used.

Emma chuckled as she joined me at the table with her own plate and drinks for us both. "That good, huh?"

I scoffed, taking another bite. "As if you didn't know that. You are a goddess in the kitchen. I would marry you right now if it meant having you make my meals every day of my life."

"Aw, you're so sweet. Though, unfortunately for you, you're not my type."

"Right," I grunted through my full mouth. "You like the nerdy, awkward guys."

Emma clicked her tongue. "Hey, you say that like it's a bad thing!"

Taking a sip of my orange juice, I teased, "It isn't, as long as you don't bring them back here to take their v-card like you did at my dorm room three months ago. What was his name again? Barry? Or was it Marvin?"

Emma gasped dramatically. I could picture her with a hand over her heart and a betrayed look on her face. "I thought we promised never to speak of that again."

"Alright, alright," I laughed, raising my hands in surrender. "But, seriously, what was his name?"

"Calvin," Emma murmured bashfully.

I grinned, shaking my head. Emma was more interesting and complex than anyone knew. She was fierce, protective. But she could also be brilliant at puzzles, adventurous in the kitchen with her cooking, and a snob when it came to knitting. She could be a wild card, quick to anger or kindness which could be confusing. However, that didn't stop us from forming an unbreakable bond.