[Chapter VIII • Miss Mystic Falls]

"Why did I agree to this again?" I moaned, hating my life

"Search me," Emma scoffed. "I tried to get you out of it. You were the one who gave in."

"You know what," I huffed, frustrated, "you pick the dress. I don't care if it's pink or covered in goose feathers. I won't be able to tell anyway. I can't take this anymore."

"Alright," She said, clicking her tongue. "Don't blame me if you lose."

I rolled my eyes. "If I lose, I'll throw a party in celebration."

Emma laughed, guiding me out of the dress shop we were browsing through before school. "I'll go out after school and find you a gown that'll knock everyone dead."

"Nothing too revealing," I warned her, not wanting to be uncomfortable. Modest was better to me.

"Hey, if you got it, you should flaunt it, honey," Emma joked, nudging my shoulder.

I laughed, shaking my head. Emma was crazy, but I loved her anyway.

*****************************

It was between classes when I tracked Jeremy down. He was at his locker, getting some books. Emma stayed back a few steps so I could have some privacy with him.

"Hey, Jeremy," I greeted with a smile.

"Aria, hey," he said, shutting his locker door.

"I have a favor to ask."

"Sure, anything," Jeremy quickly agreed.

I grinned, shaking my head. "I entered into the Founder's Court this weekend and I need an escort. I know it's really lame, but would be willing to be my escort? Please?"

"Uhh," Jeremy hesitated before sighing. "Alright, I'll do it."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise. When he said yes, I wrapped him in a hug. "Thank you. You are a life-saver, Jeremy."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," He pulled back. "Wait, does this mean I have to dance?"

I bit my lip, shrugging innocently.

Jeremy sighed again. "Okay, fine. Whatever."

I smiled at him before saying my goodbyes with promises of texting him the time we would need to rehearse the dance together.

Emma let me take her arm again and guided me out of school. As we walked, I could hear Caroline's voice along with another's that was vaguely familiar.