Chapter 2

^Ella's pic above^

*Amber's Pov*

"How was school, Amber?" Dad asked as I came in.

"It was alright" I said forcing a smile.

Dad rose a brow but didn't question me.

I entered my room, dropped my bag and laid on my bed.

"Ella is so energetic and brave. She is lucky I was there but what is she hiding from me?" I mumbled, sighing as I remembered what happened.

*Flashback*

Ella had taken us to the tightrope that she wanted to walk on. It wasn't an actual tightrope, she just connected a rope from one building in the school to another.

"Don't worry, I will do it alone. You don't have to worry about anything, I have practiced a hundred times on this thing yesterday" Ella said confidently as she climbed unto the rope before I could stop her.

Her black hair swayed with the wind and her red eyes lit up with mischief as she started performing stunts on the rope. The students that wanted to go home, stopped and watched with amazement in their eyes.

Cheers rang out in the crowd as Ella continued her little stunts. Louis and I were at one end of the rope as she moved to the other end, performing various moves as she continued.

Actually as Ella said, she has done this a lot and there was nothing to worry about... if not for the sabotage that was planned.

That's right, the first time she did this in my first life, it turned out someone had tampered with the rope after she left. When she started her stunts, the rope that was cut slightly at one end was a danger to her, she fell down when the rope completely removed. The rope she tied was very far from the ground and it was only by luck that she didn't die, she lost her legs though...

In my second life, I was still confused that I came back so I reacted slowly but still managed to save her. She was severely injured but still healed in the end which was different from the last life.

In my third life, I somehow managed to convince her not to do it, so she was safe.

In my fourth life, I saved her early so she was alright. It was after I uncovered Kiara's evil deeds that I realised that she was the one that planned the sabotage. That is one of the reasons I think she has a grudge against me, after all, she hurt most of the people related to me.

Normally, even with how confident Ella is, she is still smart. She had placed a safety net at the bottom of the rope so that she won't be injured if she mistakenly falls but Kiara had removed it before her stunt today. Ella didn't bother to double check since she wanted to be fast so that Louis wouldn't get in trouble which is what led to the incident.

I looked at her again as she was still doing the stunts. Few minutes ago, I had put the safety net back where it is supposed to be, so even if the rope breaks, Ella would be safe.

As I expected, the rope broke and the crowd gasped in horror as Ella fell down but sighed in relief when she landed on the safety net.

Without missing a beat, Ella got up ad she stroke a pose towards the crowd.

All the students started clapping and Ella mockingly bowed as she thanked them.

"Oh thank you, thank you all so much. It makes me glad to bring smiles on your lovely faces" Ella said dramatically as the crowd chanted her name.

After dealing with the crowd, Ella came to us and we made our way to the school gate.

"You should really stop doing such dangerous stuffs, what if there was no safety net to catch you?" I asked, berating her.

"Calm down, that's not possible, I arranged everything well. Although, something seemed wrong, the rope was tightly secured so why did that happen?" She asked, now looking serious as she contemplated the matter.

"Sorry I can't join you in brainstorming. My driver is already here" Louis said as he waved at us before entering his car.

We waved back as his car disappeared from our view.

In my last life, it was partly Ella that helped me gain some of those information about Kiara. She is actually very deductive when she is serious.

"Someone must have tampered with it" She concluded as her eyes lit up with a dangerous glint.

"Whoever did that will definitely regret messing with me" She continued with a  dangerous smirk on her face but when she faced me, she quickly wore an harmless smile.

"Well, see you in school tomorrow. Don't forget to watch over yourself" She said as she made her way towards her car.

I waved goodbye as she drove off.

'It seems even Ella is hiding secrets of her own'

I furrowed my brows a little before entering the car to go home.

*Flashback ends*

I got up from the bed as I decided to have a walk outside.

I told my dad before I left the house and started walking to the park nearby.

I wore a black leather jacket on top of my white top with my black skirt. I looked like a tough no-nonsense girl right now.

I smiled and continued walking before I paused when I noticed someone.

"What is she doing here?" I asked quietly looking at the girl that was smiling at another guy while taking ice-cream.

The girl is Kiara, the scheming girl that had various tricks up her sleeve. I was not supposed to see or meet her before she came with Charles, so what is she doing here?

I decided to sneak away before she notices me because according to my deduction, she knew me even before all this.

My plan was foiled before it even started when she saw me and called my name. I tried to ignore her and continue walking when she came towards me with the guy.

"Amber, I was calling you. You shouldn't behave as if you didn't hear me" Kiara said with a sickly sweet smile on her face, it was like she was trying too hard.

"I am sorry but do I know you?" I asked unapologetically as I faced her with a bored expression.

Her face blanched as though she didn't expect me to directly say that, I rolled my eyes at her expression and turned around to leave when the guy said something that made me pause.

"You are really like your mother"