Chapter 4

^Louis' Pic above^

*Amber's Pov*

I went straight to school without even eating breakfast. I was going to force my dad to tell me by going on an hunger strike.

I smiled at the idea as I got down from the car.

"Amber, what do you think will happen today?" Ella asked as she smirked.

"Nothing much. Why do you ask?" I asked skeptically looking at her.

"No reason" She said, faking innocence as I narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

"Don't mind her, she is just being dramatic" Louis said, as he patted my back.

I rose a brow but didn't comment on it as we made our way towards class.

I wondered what Ella's words meant cause nothing special ever happened today in all my lives.

"It is probably nothing" I mumbled, trying to shrug the bad feeling off.

Once it was lunch time, I sat at my usual table with Louis and Ella but didn't take any food, just an apple.

"What are you doing, Amber?" Ella asked watching me eat the apple.

"I am eating" I said in a matter-of-fact tone as I took another bite of the apple.

"I know, but why an apple?" She asked, looking at the apple suspiciously.

"Well, I guess I am punishing someone" I said, laughing at how she was still focused on the apple as if trying to dissect it.

"How will you punish someone by not eating? You are only punishing yourself, you should eat something" Louis said with concern in his green eyes as he raked his brown hair.

"Yeah, Louis is right. It isn't that person's stomach that is being punished but yours" Ella said, backing Louis up.

"I know but this will affect the person more, after all, he is my father" I said, spilling the beans.

"Your father? Why?" They asked together, looking confused.

"Yeah, he knows something about my mother's disappearance but doesn't want to say anything about it, he also knows one Eden guy and told me to stay away from him" I said non-chalantly as I continued eating the apple.

The two of them froze as their eyes widened a little.

"Did you say Eden?" Ella asked gritting her teeth.

"Yes, what about it?" I asked looking at her suspiciously.

"Amber, you need to stay away from him. He is really dangerous!" Louis said worriedly

"How do you guys know Eden?" I asked now extremely suspicious.

"You don't need to worry about that, you just have to stay away from him. It is for your own good" Ella said with a serious expression.

"So even you guys know about him? What are you hiding from me?" I asked as they glanced at each other before looking back at me.

"You are not ready, you will know in due time" Ella said as Louis nodded in agreement.

"That's exactly what dad said! Why are you all keeping secrets from me?" I asked confused but they didn't answer me and just looked at me with guilty expressions.

"That's it! I am leaving, don't follow me" I said coldly as I left them.

They tried to stop me but I managed to leave without them.

I decided to skip my remaining classes and strolled around the park that I met Eden and Kara yesterday.

I sighed as I sat on a bench and rubbed my hands together.

'Just what is so dangerous that I can't be involved in? I have died 4 times for goodness sake, what could be worse than that?!'

Even though on the inside I knew that there were many dangerous things in this world, I still wanted to know about what they are hiding.

"It seems we meet again" A voice called out and I rose my head to see Eden.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly as he sat down next to me.

"Can't I just sit on a bench in the park, it isn't your park after all" He said teasingly as he smirked.

I decided to ignore him but it seems he had a different thought in mind as he started talking.

"Let me guess, your dad didn't tell you anything and he reacted to my name, after all, I am a very special person" He said in a confident tone as I continued to ignore him.

"You know it isn't nice to ignore people. Maybe I shouldn't tell you the secrets surrounding your mother's disappearance then" He said as he got up to leave.

"Wait! Can you tell me please?" I asked as I stopped him from leaving.

I know that's what he wants, he might not really leave but I couldn't take chances.

He mischievously smiled as he turned to face me.

"Of course I can tell you... but like I said, it won't be fun to tell you directly" He said and I sighed.

"But if you follow me somewhere, it will solve most of your mysteries" He said, presenting me with a tempting offer.

I hestitated as I looked at him while he gave me an innocent smile.

Did I really want to go with such a suspicious guy? What if he is leading me to a trap? What if he won't answer any of my questions and just trick me into doing something horrible?

Numerous thoughts went through my mind but I decided to follow him in the end, it is better to take chances than stay with people who didn't tell me in any of my lifetimes nor will tell me in this lifetime.

"Ok, I will go but you must answer all my questions. Is that a deal?" I asked coldly looking at him.

"Of course, Eden never breaks a deal" Eden said with a smirk as he started walking away.

I followed him and we soon stopped at a weird looking building. I was surprised I had never noticed the building even though I have walked on this street several times during my strolls.

"After you, mademoiselle" He said gesturing to the door.

My breath caught as I put my hand on the handle to open the door.

'Well, it is now or never' I thought as I opened the door to reveal a strange sight.