Chapter 3

^Kara's pic above^

*Amber's Pov*

"What do you know about my mother?" I asked menacingly as I turned around to face him.

He didn't flinch at all and just smirked as if he expected my reaction.

"Now, now, we can't talk about that in this kind of place" He said teasingly as he gestured to the people around us.

"Let's just get this over with" I said as he led me to a secluded spot.

I know I made a bad decision, if he has any bad intention, I won't be able to get away since he also has Kara on his side to fight against me.

Speaking of Kara, she was standing next to the guy with an annoyed expression on her face, it seems she didn't like how she wasn't getting any attention. To be honest, Kara is beautiful with her beautiful luxurious  green hair and unique gold eyes, I would have liked her if not for her fake behaviour and scheming mind. She usually wears a sweet smile on her face to make her seem innocent, but I know she is the exact opposite of that.

I scoffed at her behaviour and turned my attention back to the guy.

"Well, what do you have to say?" I asked impatiently, furrowing my brows.

"Won't it be too easy if I just tell you directly? It won't be fun at all" He said with the annoying smirk still on his face.

He is really getting on my nerves just because of the information he has.

"Then why did you bring me here? Don't tell me it was just to waste my time" I said with annoyance in my voice.

"Hey! Don't speak to Eden like that. You aren't even worthy of his presence" Kara said, finally dropping her fake smile as she glared at me.

"Oh please! Then who are you to stand before him? I am better than you in all things so I don't see a reason why you can be worthy of his presence while I am not" I said, sneering in her direction.

I know I might seem like a rude, arrogant person now, but that's because I know her real face. After all, I have lived 4 lives already. For her to be hanging out with this guy, it means he isn't a normal person either.

My eyes sharpened at the thought but I quickly wore a normal expression in a split second to avoid suspicions.

Kara looked like she wanted to hit me but the guy, Eden, stopped her before she could.

"I like your spirit so I will tell you two things. One, your mother is alive" He said, raising a finger.

I secretly sighed in relief at his words.

Even though I believed that mom is still alive, there was still a seed of doubt in me.

"Two, your father knows what happened to her" He said with a sly smirk as he rose the second finger.

I paused as I heard him.

There was no way that my father would know what happened to mom and do nothing about it.

"You are kidding me, right?" I asked confidently even though my mind is a jumbo of mess right now.

It was in my blood to always be normal on the outside no matter how confused I was on the inside, just like when Charles broke the engagement with me.

"I am not, haven't you wondered why he didn't search so hard for your mother? You can ask your father for  confirmation even though he might not confess. If you want to spark a reaction in him though, just say my name, he knows me well" Eden said before leaving with Kara.

I leaned on the wall as I tried to process what just happened.

Eden did have a point, when mom went missing, dad actually sent some men to look for her but stopped all the  investigation after one month. At that time, I was still in grief and young so I found nothing suspicious, plus I always came back to my 15 years old self so the incident wasn't really clear for me. Now that I think of it, it was really suspicious how he just cancelled all investigations in a hurry as if he realised something.

I might not be clear on what is going on, but one thing is certain, something big is going on and Kara might be involved in it.

I got home and went straight to my father's study.

"Amber, what's the matter?" Dad asked as he looked at me, putting the document he was reading aside.

"Dad, why did mom disappear?" I asked without even smiling at him.

"Amber, you know she was not found. Anything could have happened" He said, only pausing for a second.

"Then what about Eden?"

Dad immediately got up from his chair as his face paled.

"How do you know that name?!" He asked with a worried expression.

"I met him, he is the one that told me to ask you about Mom's disappearance. What happened?" I asked, confused at his reaction.

"Did he touch you? He didn't do anything to you, right? If he did, I will kill him, I don't care about the  agreement" Dad said hurriedly as he checked my body for any injuries.

"What agreement?" I asked, catching on to his words.

He paused and looked at me as his eyes showed hesitation.

"I am sorry Amber but I can't tell you about that. It is for your own good, just never meet Eden again, he is really dangerous" Dad said warningly with an unreadable emotion in his eyes.

"Then why did you have an agreement with him? How is this related to mom's disappearance? Just what is going on?!" I asked exasperatedly, tired of being left out.

"Amber, you are not ready to know about this. It isn't safe"

"Then when will I be ready? Will you ever decide to tell me?" I asked as he showed a guilty expression.

I knew it! He will never involve me in this, he thinks I will never be ready for this.

"Don't wait for me at dinnertime, I am going to bed." I said, expressionless as I left his study.

He looked like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

I entered my room and slammed the door as I flopped on my bed.

"Why? Just what is so dangerous that I can't be involved in? What is going on? I am going to find out no matter what happens. I am not only going to do what I want in this life, I will find out the mysteries in my life too!" I decided before falling asleep.