Chapter 5

^Eden's pic above^

*Amber's Pov*

"Come on, you still have to enter" Eden said with a little smirk present on his face.

I looked back at him before taking a deep breath and entering the building with a smirking Eden following me.

The place looked like a club with varieties of games around, a fighting arena and a bar, that wasn't the weird thing though. The weird part was that some people were floating above their seats, the people fighting were using some kind of powers and everyone seemed frightened when we entered.

Eden led me to some seats at the bar and we sat down, the people seemed to watch our every movement as everywhere fell silent.

"You can get back to what you were doing everyone" Eden said calmly as the club went back to its previous festivities.

"Why are they so scared of you?" I asked skeptically as he smirked.

"They could have been scared of you" He said ambiguously as I rolled my eyes.

"They don't even know me and they reacted to your words." I stated with a  knowing look.

He just shrugged his shoulders harmlessly as I looked at him suspiciously.

Now that I had time to check him out, he looks like a sly guy with his green eyes and white hair that has blue tips, definitely not trustworthy.

"Whatever. Just tell me what I came here for" I said calmly as he smirked slyly.

"Tsk! Tsk! Always in a hurry to get what you want, you should learn to excercise patience" He said playfully as I scowled.

"You agreed that if I follow you, you will tell me what I want to know. I don't have time for games, get straight to the point" I said coldly as his smirk grew a bit.

"Alright, I will. I am sure you are wondering about this people, right?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

I just nodded to satisfy him as his eyes lit up.

"Well, let me tell you a little story. It all started when scientists formed a formula to make humans stronger and better. Let just say it mutated the human cells and gave us what you can call, super powers. Some got flight, laser eyes, super speed, and so on. The government decided to keep the mutated humans away from the public by imprisoning them but the mutated humans escaped at one point in time. The government, after seeing no way to defeat them, decided to compromise with the mutated humans as long as they stay out of the regular humans' way and don't reveal their true identity to the normal humans. The mutated humans formed clans and honed their powers, then an hierarchy was formed, the strong ruling over the weak." He explained as I listened attentively.

"And so there is a separation between normal humans and mutated humans even though, thankfully, we all look the same. The mutated humans can be around normal humans but mustn't  reveal their identity or ability" He concluded as a smirk rested on his face as he gestured for me to ask my questions.

"Why does that matter to me?" I simply asked with an expressionless face.

I know what he told me was something really important but what I want is the mystery behind my mum's disappearance.

He looked slightly surprised at my question before bursting into laughter.

"It is only someone like you that won't be so shocked to find out such a great secret. You didn't even want to use it to your advantage, how amusing" He said chuckling with an amused glint in his eyes.

"You haven't answered my question." I said calmly, not reacting to his words.

"I see you are really serious, good. Well, all I have to say is that it is indeed related to you, after all..." He trailed off, not wanting to reveal everything to me.

"You said you will tell me what is going on. Just say it already" I said impatiently as he smirked slyly.

"I have already told you something. If you want me to tell you how it is related to you, you have to do something for me" He said slyly as he looked at my eyes.

'Tsk! This guy is trying to draw me into a trap, he isn't trustworthy but he is the best bet to solving all this.'

I looked at him suspiciously before sighing. I knew he thought he got me hooked since he had a confident smirk on his face.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked as he smiled softly.

'What is he up to?' I thought, suspicious of his smile.

"It won't be too hard, at least you won't die... for now" He said, mumbling the last part to himself.

I furrowed my brows since I heard his mumbles but I was confused by what it meant.

'What does he mean by that?'

"Come with me, we need to get you geared up" He said, offering his hand as he stood up.

I looked at me with suspicious eyes before grabbing his hand. He smirked and led me towards a room.

"The ladies will help you change. I will  be waiting here for you once you are ready" He said and I nodded, entering the room.

I entered the room and realised that it was a dressing room. 3 ladies stood, talking to themselves before they noticed me and turned their attention to me.

"Oh! Are you the one Eden brought?" One of the ladies asked and I nodded.

"Poor thing. What terrible deed could you have done to gain his attention?" Another lady asked rhetorically with a sympathetic expression.

I rose my brow in confusion but they didn't take notice to it and got set to dress me up.

They picked a ladies' armour for me that matched my clothes. After helping me to get the armour on, I went out of the dressing room to meet Eden standing where I left him.

"I see you are ready, come with me" He said moving away as I followed.

He opened a door and I entered only to have him close the door without folllowing me.

"I guess I am to do this on my own" I mumbled before walking a little more to realise I was in the fighting arena of the club.

There was a muscular man standing opposite me as the announcer introduced us.

'Oh man! It seems I have to fight him' I thought as I looked at the man that crushed a huge rock with his bare hands.

I gulped as I looked down at my hands, I didn't have any weapon and it seemed we are fighting each other bare-hand.

'I will make it out alive... I hope'

A/N: Sorry I didn't update for some time, hope you enjoyed this though. Comment or vote if you did ;)