Episode 1 - Chapter 1

Destiny Islands

Everything was dark. Oblivion from distance to distance when Sora fell from nothing, because it is not Kingdom Hearts without our hero falling in oblivion.

"Wake up, Sora!" yelled Riku before pouring a bucket of water over him.

"Ahh!" drowned Sora.

Kairi laughed along with Riku.

"It wasn't my idea"

"C'mon, I was having a wonderful dream" claimed Sora "I was in a... uhh..."

"Don't you just hate it when that happen?" asked Kairi

"Why did you wake me up?"

"For fun"

"It's still dark"

"Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie have gone missing"

"The island isn't that big"

"That's the thing, we would've found them by now with that size"

"The real reason we woke you up is to ask for your help finding them" said Kairi

Sora stood up and nodded. They ran around the island separately.

"Wakka!" called Sora "Tidus! Selphie?" he continued as he walked around under the dark-blue night sky. "Stop hiding!"

Riku checked the most tight spaces the three could squeeze into.
"Tidus!? Wakka?! Selphie!?" he called to a hole in the hidden cave to find nothing but bats flying over his head.
"If I find you I'll use my keyblade to teach all three of you a lesson"

Kairi checked all the places they usually hang out in.
"Come out now!" she yelled "I need your help to find me a paopu fruit!"

They looked everywhere even under the surrounding water, under rocks, and inside crates, but they weren't anywhere. They gathered in one place and looked into their rooms in their homes. Strangely enough, all they found was dust on the floor.

"I thought they clean their rooms regularly" said Sora.

"What's strange is that this isn't the type of dust we see on the island" mentioned Kairi

"Maybe we'll find them better in broad daylight?" suggested Riku "Let's all rest now and fill our energy, we're probably too tired to sense them"

And so they did. But Sora could not sleep for all he thought about was the dusts that filled their floors. What if it was not dust?
He could not sleep, he just had to investigate. He stood up to continue his search for Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie. Again, he could not find them. Not a single voice, or a footprint. Finally tired, too tired to back to his bed. He slept on the shore.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it Sora?" said Kairi looking at the setting sun touching the water over the distance as Sora opens his eyes
"You wanna know what really makes it beautiful?" she continued "It's not just the way it looks, but also the emotions it gives you; peace, happiness, and at the same time- sadness"

"Kairi" said Sora "Is everything all right?"

"Not everything, but something is. You're still here, and so is Riku"

"Speaking of Riku"

"Where is he?" asked Kairi "I haven't seen him all morning. I hope he's not lost like Wakka, Tidus and Selphie! We should keep looking"

"Maybe it's the organization!" mentioned Sora

"Don't be silly. The path to different worlds have closed down, remember?"

"Yeah... but..."

"Sora, look at me"
And so Sora did. Kairi's eyes emitted the most beautiful aura that he had ever seen.
"We are safe in this island. Especially when there are two keyblade-wielders with me" continued Kairi "But you know, I wonder if I'll ever wield a keyblade"

"I don't see why not?" said Sora "Kairi?"

"Yes?"

"You know about the paopu fruit, right?"

"They said that if two people share a paopu fruit together, they will remain together for all eternity"

"I was wondering if..."

"Oh Sora, I... " before Kairi could finish, she felt a tingle on her leg

"Yeah?"

"My leg"

"What's wrong?"

they both looked down to Kairi's leg and saw that it was turning to ash.

"Sora, I don't feel so good" said Kairi as she hugged Sora tightly.

"Kairi!" cried Sora.

"Sora... I lo..." and before Kairi could finish, she transitioned to ash and got blown away by the wind.

"Kairi!!"

Two days later, Sora sat on the same bent tree that he, Kairi, and Riku used to sit on. All he could think about was his two best friends and Everyone who disappeared on the island. He tried so hard to hold down his tears and as if with good timing. A message in a bottle washed ashore. He went down to read the message.

Dear Sora
We need you ASAP. The door to worlds had open once again and with any luck, Donald and Goofy should arrive in the gummi ship soon
-King Mickey

He noticed that the message was too short and the unnatural handwriting showed that he was on a rush.
Sora waited and waited. The sun was setting when the gummi ship had a bumpy landing. It looked like it was about to crash but it landed almost perfectly.

"Sora!" yelled Donald in his squeaky rubber voice as he ran to Sora.

"Boy were we lucky a-hyuck!" said Goofy as he ran with Donald. Both of them hugged Sora as they were glad he was lucky too.

"Lucky?" asked Sora

"The king ordered us to come to your aid before he suddenly disappeared" jumped Donald

"Gawrsh, Sora! It was traumatizing just seeing him scatter in ashes just like that!"

"Scatter in ashes? that's what happened to Kairi! I wonder if Riku..."

"No time to talk, we gotta go!" interrupted Donald

Sora sat down sad in the gummi ship. Donald reminded him that there should be no frowning and that they must put on a happy face, but how could Sora smile, even fake it, when his two best friends have disappeared again?

"We have to check on the others!" cried Sora "Leon, Yuffie, Cid... "

"We're headed to Traverse Town as we speak" claimed Goofy "If we can't find them there we'll try Hollow Bas- I mean... Radiant Garden a-hyuck"