38

"paige! you stay with me! okay? you fight!" jackson yelled.

the group sat with their eyes tearful and hearts racing. when the ambulance pulled up, jackson sat in the back with her, holding her hand.

the group of worried doctors sped to the hospital. "what's going on?" richard asked when they pulled into the hospital. before the doctors could get the words out, richards attention shifted to a nurse calling his name. he hurried over to the nurse and saw paige laying lifelessly on the gurney. all of the doctors ran into the trauma room.

"okay out!" richard yelled at the doctors. "all i need is head of nuero and cardio, grey, schmitt, helm, and parker. everyone else stay out of the trauma room."

the rest of the doctors complained, but left the room. staying outside to stare into the window.

"her pulse is thready. she's gonna looser her pulse unless we get her into the OR." maggie said.

"we need to get an ultra sound. this is her organs right?" meredith asked.

"i want to get a nuero check and a full body ct."

richard stepped out to talk to jo. "was she drinking?" he asked.

"no." jo replied. "she was fine. she wasn't even dancing. she was just sitting at a table laughing. then she just collapsed."

"did she look sick or exhausted?"

"not at all."

suddenly, a long beep came from paiges trauma rom. "okay everybody out!" richard screamed, running into the room. the doctors were basically pulled out of the room while richard grabbed the paddles and prepared to shock her. "push one of epi! charge to one hundered." he placed the paddles on paiges cheast. he felt his hands shake. "clear!" he yelled, watching the young woman's body shake for a second then go back to being still. "charge to one-fifty!" he shouted. again, another shock. this time, the small bounce by the woman was followed by continuous beeping sounds coming from the machine behind her head.

"okay. get an ultrasound, then a cbc, then a full body scan, then a head ct. put them on rush order and if they all show nothing then i want you to go in surgically."

the sister house, heads of neuro, cardio, and general, looked at each other, then at richard, then at paige. "alright let's go! get us that ultra sound!" amelia yelled at an intern.

"she's okay." amelia said. "but we're estimating that her organs are failing more rapidly then we had hoped. our guess is about four to six months." the group of doctors looked at amelia with heavy heads. "so we're going to make her comfortable. we're going to make her happy. we're going to treat her like everything is still the same. she signed a dnr. so, she seems ready."

hey y'all. i'm sorry this was so short but i really needed to update. we just had a tornado go thru here so i've had a crazy few days. so sorry ab the late update. anyways the next few chapters will make this make more sense :P