beatles

THIRD HOUR
7PM

"told you," luke says, smiling at clio, "i knew we were going to end up somewhere beautiful."

clio takes in their surroundings, clutching onto her tote bag.

thankfully, they were dropped off at a plaza square. clio didn't know why she was so nervous. they actually ended up at a really normal place.

"what's number three on the list?" she asks, gazing around the different shops around them.

she watches as luke whips his phone out of his pocket. luke turns his phone on, opens the notes app, and starts to read the third item out loud.

"take thirty steps going forward, then eleven steps to the left," he reads, "enter the shop, boutique, house, restaurant, or car you land in front of."

he looks up at clio, to see clio paint a horrified facial expression.

walk? and enter wherever you end up standing in front of?

"wh-what?" she stutters, "what if we end up in front of a house? or in front of a car? we have to get inside? a stranger's house or car? what the fuck? we can go to jail for that, luke!"

luke chuckles at this as he puts his phone back in his pocket.

"we're at a plaza, peach," he says simply, "we're going to land in front of a shop or boutique. there aren't any houses around."

right.

"mhm, yeah," clio answers, starting to feel embarrassed because of her slight outburst of panic, "right."

luke stands next to her, and interlocks his elbow around clio's elbow.

"shall we?" he says, smiling down at the girl who still holds a nervous facial expression.

clio nods once, and they start walking, stepping their feet forward one by one.

they count softly together as they put one foot in front of the other. they need to adjust to each other's steps, though, considering their height difference. luke takes much bigger steps than clio.

clio keeps her eyes focused on the brick flooring they're walking down on as she counts each step, so as not to trip.

luke, on the other hand, has his head turned towards clio, his eyes fixated on her as they walk.

he found himself watching clio as she counts softly, enjoying how clio looks focused and nervous at the same time.

there was also no doubt at all that luke couldn't keep his eyes off clio because he found her insanely attractive.

"thirty." clio says softly, then looks up at luke. she's instantly taken aback once she locks eyes with him.

"you're cute." luke says simply, not being able to stop himself.

clio looks down again, feeling her cheeks heat up at what luke just said.

"eleven steps to the left now." luke says, making clio's head snap back up.