drink

SEVENTH HOUR
11PM

"we're so weird," clio giggles as they walk, "i can't believe we were able to keep straight faces on!"

they're currently on their way to a bar, which is the next item on luke's to-do list.

"i wasn't even sure if you were going to go along with it," luke chuckles, slinging an arm around clio's shoulders, "but you did. and we kept it going, even."

they continue recalling the little roleplaying bit they did during their dance at the plaza square, the smiles on their faces ever present.

"hold on," clio says as they continue walking, "which bar are we going to?"

clio doesn't really drink that much. when she does, she gets drunk fast.

"we're already here, actually." luke chuckles as he stops walking, causing clio to stop walking, too.

clio's eyebrows furrow as her eyes land on a sign that said "7/11."

"we're here?" she asks, looking at luke, "we're at a convenience store, luke."

luke doesn't answer, and instead takes clio's hand in his, a smirk painted on his face. he begins to walk towards the entrance of the convenience store, leaving clio no choice but to follow behind him.

luke walks directly towards the boy manning the cash register.

"bonjour," luke says, smiling at the boy, "je suis ici pour ashton."

clio is taken aback by this. she does know a bit of basic french words, and if what she understood was correct, luke had just said that he was there for someone named ashton.

why would he be looking for someone named ashton at a convenience store?

he nods once and without saying another word, the boy leads luke and clio towards the stock room at the back.

"why are we going to the stock room?" clio asks luke as they walk.

"you'll see why soon." luke answers, winking at her.

they enter the stock room, and they walk past all the boxes and large plastic bags until they reach the corner of the space. clio instantly notices another door at the end of it.

luke opens the door for her, and the second clio sees a flight of stairs going down, clio refuses to step foot on the stairs first.

"uh," she says, backing away, "you can go first, luke."

"alright," he chuckles, "stay behind me, okay? no backing out, peach."

what the fuck is at the bottom of those stairs? clio gulped, remembering all those crime documentaries she watched on netflix.

"y-yeah," she nods, stuttering, "i'll be behind you the whole time."

luke starts walking down the stairs, a smile painted on his face as he takes step after step. he's obviously eager to reach the bottom of the staircase.