tattoo

NINTH HOUR
1AM

"i don't think you're going to like this next one," luke says, smiling mischievously as they walk.

they've been walking for a few minutes now, and luke claims that they're near their next stop. he hasn't given clio a clue yet as to what they're going to do next, and since the alcohol's starting to wear off, she's nervous.

"we're here." luke says, stopping in front of a small shop. clio's eyes immediately widen once she realizes where they are.

"oh, no no no," she says, starting to back away, "nope. not doing that. goodnight, luke! it was nice meeting you, but i'm going home!"

"yes yes yes," luke laughs, taking clio's waist to pull her gently towards him, "c'mon, just come inside, and then decide, okay?"

clio looks at him. he looks so excited and eager, but at the same time, she knows he won't force her into doing it if she doesn't want to, "fine."

"good girl." luke smiles, then proceeds to knock on the glass door.

he knocked a pattern on it, like he had it memorized, and he'd used it a hundred times before. it's 1am, so of course, there must be a special way to get inside the establishment at this hour.

sounds of unlocking can be heard from the other side of the door, until it opens slightly, and a pair of grey-green eyes peek out at them.

"oh, it's just you," he chuckles, then begins to open the door completely, "luke, my man!"

"michael!" luke smiles, pulling michael in for a tight hug.

clio looked at him, and immediately noticed his dyed hair. it was a bright red color, and was sticking out in all sorts of directions. he also has both his ears pierced and an eyebrow piercing.

"michael, for the first time, i brought company with me," luke says gesturing a hand toward clio, "her name's clio. clio, meet michael, the man who gave me all my tattoos."

"hi," clio smiles, "i like your hair."

"thanks," michael smiles, "and because you said that, i won't dye it for another two weeks." he winks at her playfully.

michael then opens the door fully, gesturing for luke and clio to come inside.

it's clio's first time in a tattoo parlor, and she can't help but think that it looks exactly how people describe it in books.

the overall lighting inside was dim, except for a lamp that was positioned above a black foldable bed. different psychedelic paintings adorned the black walls, making clio feel like everywhere she looked, the paintings were moving. there was also a corner which had framed photographs of famous people getting tattoos, but of course, clio didn't know who they were. she giggled when she saw luke's photo. he must come here a lot, she thought.

"so, robert," michael says, as luke takes a seat on the foldable bed, his legs dangling, "already have something in mind?"

he gets straight to the point, knowing that they don't have a lot of time to chitchat. he knew luke was leaving in an hour or less.