"Hey Blue. Did you change your name because you didn't like your girly name?" a classmate asked. I kept on walking down the hallway. "Hey Blue. Don't speak if you're gay." another classmate said as I walked out of the school. I hate going to school here. Everyone in my grade is terrible to me. I walked to the bike rack. 

When I got to my bike, I grabbed the key to my bike lock when I heard police sirens. I looked up and looked at the police cars just like everyone else. The police cars drove up to school and parked in the parking lot. 

Many police officers climbed out of the cars and raced into the school. I unlocked my bike and put the key away in my jean pocket. I looked back at the police cars. "Alright, everyone stay away from the school doors and you all have to leave." An officer said. I took my bike out of the rack before walking over to the group of kids. They all moved out of my way, getting me to the front of the group. 

That's when another car pulled up to the school. The car stopped and the engine was turned off. I looked at the car closer to see that it is a 1967 Impala. Three men climbed out of the car. All in suites and one in a trench coat. 

They looked over at us all. One of the guys looked at me before walking over to the police officers. They all showed FBI badges. "Everyone, it's time to head home." A police officer said to everyone in the group that I was in. I looked at the three men one last time before I walked away from what was going on. 

I climbed on my bike and biked home. My step dad, Larry's car is in the garage when I get home. I can tell since the garage door to his spot is open like he just home. I climbed off my bike before I walked my bike into the garage. I parked it in the middle of the garage where our bike rack is. I put the kick stand up before I walked into the house. 

I closed Larry's garage door before closing the door that goes into the house from the garage. "Hey Blue. Is that you?" Larry asked from the living room. I walked to the living room to show myself. "Hey, kiddo. How was school?" Larry asked. I grabbed the whiteboard and marker that I leave in there. I opened the cap of the marker. 

"Same as always, but three FBI agents showed up at school before I left." I wrote on the board. I flipped it for him to see. He read it. "Really? The FBI at your school. Wow, that is something." Larry said. I nodded my head, telling him I agree with him. 

"You would never think the FBI would come to our town. The SWAT team yes. I mean the town has their own SWAT team now, but you would never think that they would be here." Larry said. I nodded my head telling him that I agree again. I wiped the whiteboard off as the main house door opened. 

I looked to see my step sister there. Her dad and my mom have been together since she was four, so three years ago. Since she is seven years old now. "Hey Blue. What is happening to the HIghschool?" Avery asked me. "Don't know. We all were told to leave before I could find out."  I wrote. I flipped the board to face her. 

Avery nodded her head before I flipped the board over to me. I wiped board off before putting the cap back on the marker. I put the board and the marker back on the table that I left it on, because I know what Larry is going to say next. 

"Alright, girls. Head to your rooms and get your homework done. If you need anything, I'll be right here." Larry said. I smiled at him before I walked up the stairs to my bed room. Avery is right behind me. "Hey Blue. Have you ever thought about dying your hair blue?" Avery asked. 

I looked back at her. My hair reminds me and other people about man buns and or lesbin hair. With the long part on the top and shaved all around the sides. I shook my head as I looked forward. When I got up the stairs I turned and walked to my room. "Well, that's too bad. I think you will look with blue hair." Avery said before she walked to her room which is on the other side of the floor. 

When I got to my room, I took my backpack off and put it on my desk chair. I didn't have any homework so I had free time until mom gets home. I grabbed the book that I'm reading before walking to the baywindow that Larry put in for me. 

I sat down on the baywindow before opening the book. I took a breath before I started to read. While, I got tied up in the words on the pages I could hear mom's garage door open after an hour. A little bit later, I heard a knock on the door. I put the bookmark in while the door opened to show mom on the other side. 

"Hey, I heard about the police going to school. Do you know why they were there?" Mom asked as she handed me a whiteboard and marker. I grabbed them from her before taking the cap off of the marker. "No, I don't know why they were there. Just like I don't know why three FBI agents were also there." I wrote down. I showed her the whiteboard. 

She read it and her eyes got bigger. "FBI was there too." she said. I nodded my head, yes, as I wiped the board off. "Honey, I found out why the police were there. They found a body in the boy's bathroom. It was Jack." Mom said. I looked up at her. 

"That has to be the sixth kid in my grade that died." I wrote. I showed her the board. "Yeah, Jack was a good kid. Anyway, supper will be ready in two hours. I'll yell when it's ready." Mom said as I wiped the board off. I put the cap on before handing mom the whiteboard and marker. She grabbed them from me before walking out of my room. 

I picked up the book before I opened it. I then started to read it again. I love the book that I'm reading. It's Wonder, by R.J. Palacio. I have read this book omany times over and over again. I even had this book read to me when I was in the hospital after what happened in sixth grade. I turned the page to a new chapter when my mind went back to the FBI agents. I put the bookmark in before I closed the book and looked out the window. 

Why are they here?