The Alliance

Author's POV:

It's been 3 months and Harsha's batch is going to bid farewell to their college.

The whole college is decorated like a bride. They invited Indranil and Kaivalya to the farewell party as their chief guests but due to some reasons, Arihant and Aditi graced the party with their presence.

Avaya was hurrily walking into the college as she was already late but she collided to a man who held her from breaking her bones.

" What's the hurry my child?" The person asked.

" I'm very sorry uncle. Today's is my super senior's farewell and I'm late. Thank you very much for saving me today." Avaya said and apologized for her mistake.

" It happens my girl. Take care princess." The man said and left her smiling.

Avaya walked into the large auditorium without getting caught. By the time she reached, the speeches of the lecturers ended.

Next, the anchor, who is also the student of final year said that each person will be called and are supposed to confess what they regret the most.

Every student came and confessed leaving the audience either to laugh out loud or left in tears.

It was Harsha's turn next. He walked into the stage and smiled at his uncle and aunt.

He greeted everyone like a gentleman.

" So Harsha Vardhan, what is that you regret the most? And if possible what will you do?" The anchor asked.

" Well, until now I didn't do any such thing which I regret but I have recently done something which hurted someone leaving me in guilt. I regret that moment the most." Harsha said looking at his princess with his soft eyes.

Avaya looked away from him but Arihant and Aditi followed his gazes where he is looking at. They were confused as everyone are looking at him.

" Is that person here?" The anchor asked making Arihant and Aditi more curious about the person.

" Yes. She is here." Harsha announced making half of the auditorium gasp. Harsha interacting with a girl is like a miracle and he hurted someone and that someone is a girl.

" Can you call her onto the stage Harsha?" The anchor requested.

" Avaya, can you please come here?" Harsha boldly asked her making her totally turn red in embarrassment.

The whole first year students looked at Avaya making her uncomfortable with their piercing gazes. Everyone hooted Avaya to go on to the stage.

She slowly raised from her seat and placed her bag on her chair. Arihant and Aditi too turned back to see the girl whom their nephew hurted.

She walked all the way to the stage taking baby steps. Arihant's smile became wide when he saw the same girl who bumped him the other time.

" Avaya! Beautiful name." Arihant murmured to himself smiling.

" Ari! Don't she look beautiful in that black saree?" Aditi asked.

" Yes." Arihant smiled looking at his wife. He understood her emotions. If their child has been alive, she would be of Avaya's age now.

Harsha walked to the stairs and forwarded his hand waiting for her to place her hand but she politely declined walking herself to the stage. Harsha was little embarrassed with her rejection but a little smile adorned his lips.

" Well, Avaya right?" The anchor asked and Avaya nodded her head.

" Avaya, can you please introduce about yourself." The anchor asked handing the mike to Avaya. She hesitated first but started speaking.

" Good afternoon everyone! My name is Avaya. My parents are Nidhi and Shlok. I have a little brother whose name is Aayod. I guess that's enough." Avaya spoke.

" You have a not so little brother." The crowd yelled making her furious referring to the incident where he has yelled at everyone.

" Not a word against my brother." Avaya warned loudly shutting each and everyone's mouth. Arihant and Aditi gaped at her boldness. There are teachers, principal, directors, chief guests but she cared about none.

" Well, Avaya and Aayod. These are so unique from other names. May I know why?" The anchor asked trying to take the situation into her hand. That question brought a soft smile onto Avaya's lips. Harsha noticed every little thing about her standing beside her.

" Yes, it's unique. But not mine. My name means the gift of god. My parents always say the same too that I'm a gift from the god.
But my brother's? It's very unique. Aayod means giver to life. His birth has a purpose and it's to save me. He gave me an another life.
He was born when I'm fighting with my life. He gave his stem cell to me and brought me back from the death bed. That's why he is my AAYOD. " Avaya said shocking everyone there, even Harsha who thinks he know each and every detail about her since from birth. The crowd clapped but Avaya was still angry.

" Avaya, I know I yelled at you unnecessarily even though you are not at fault. I didn't believe you when you said that you didn't have my laptop. Infact, if it were not you, we wouldn't have won the competition.
I apologise you from the bottom of my heart Avaya. I don't wanna leave my college carrying the guilt of hurting you." Harsha said falling on his knees.

Arihant and Aditi got up from their seats seeing their nephew on his knees. He have never bowed infront of anyone but today he is on his knees for a girl.

" I accept your apology Harsha but always remember that Avaya never lies. I too misunderstood you once but you accepted my apology and this time our tables are turned. Don't carry that guilt anymore." Avaya said giving a small smile to him which led not only to his but the whole crowd's smile.

The anchor declared it as The Alliance between them.

The party ended. Avaya was walking her way to her car while she saw Harsha along with Aditi and Arihant which made her frown.

The car zoomed and Harsha's and Avaya's gazes met for the last time.

With Love ♥️
introvert_2001