Chapter 3. Astounded

As Louis left the sitting room, father breathed a sigh of relief. He then stretched his arms and back to lower the pain. Seeing him so tired I didn't think of bothering him and immediately went to sleep as it was already late.

I went to bed with the chillers making my room frigid and comfortable for me to easily sleep on the soft bed, this feeling of tranquil with no distraction was soothing and relaxing. I fell deeper and deeper snoring in my sleep, knowing nothing about the already existing world and feeling my presence in the other world, beyond my imagination. I was dreaming about something pointless and hard to remember as my alarm buzzed loudly waking me up.

As I hopped out of my bed, went to the washroom to brush while brushing cautiously, I noticed my red eyes in which capillaries were evident, it perhaps was due to the insomniac night I had experienced yesterday. Anyways, I got ready and directed towards the dining room, impatiently waiting for my dad on breakfast. I was boisterous to meet him and converse about Louis with whom he chatted all night. But I was also nervous, they looked closer to each other. My steps were getting deeper and harder. When I reached, the dining was empty with the sizzling breakfast waiting for me.

As I sat Nancy appeared before me and said, 'He has left for his office, he was late for a meeting and was apologetic."

I answered with my heavy heart gulping down the sandwich," But he should've met me, this has never happened ever when he used to be home most of his time was spent with me, he used to eat with me, talk with me and a whole lot of things but as time is elapsing, we are growing apart."

I complained drying my tears off and left for college.

When I was driven to college I was so sentimental that I didn't know I have arrived my driver said, Ms. Sanchester we have arrived. I wiped my tears and strolled towards my class.

As I was walking, Mila addressed me and hugged me. She was back as she was done with all the preps of her sister's wedding. But seeing her I was not contented instead seemed melancholy due to what happened in the morning.

She knew I was in a bad mood, she tightly hugged me again saying, "I missed you, and how have you been doing my baby girl? Are you alright?"

I shimmered fakely and said," Yep....let's go!" I didn't tell her that my dad has been acting strangely because I was not in a mood to talk about it right now.

During our route to the class, she asked me, "Who was, the person you met in class then at your place?"

Being confused I answered," Don't know much, just his name. Louis."

"Nice name! "She commented.

Followed by my frowns and irritation.

We advanced towards our class, I searched for him to ask who he was and what he was doing at my Villa, as I couldn't reach my father on breakfast and even on-call as he was busy with his clients as always. He was not here in the room- Probably he didn't attend the college.

After attending the classes, we headed for a large, lighted cafeteria with infinite tables and benches for students to settle along with fleshy, crispy, mouth-watering food, the odor of food in the cafeteria was worth-it. It was a pleasure eating those dishes. We had our lunch, then attended the second half of the classes.

After exiting the class, we sat on the bench. Mila searched her bag with her head inside, looking furiously and carefully.

I asked puzzled, "What are you up to Mil?"

Looking frustrated at me then bag she answered, "Looking for somethi......" She was about to complete when her hand came out of the bag with a pretty, decorated, long glowing invitation. A wedding invitation. The wedding invitation was so adorably designed with artificial red rubies over it which beautified it further. I stared at the cover for about one minute as the clock ticked to another second Mila punched me so hard on my stomach that my intestines were disordered, ordering my cranial nerves. After which I opened and read the inside which said,

"You are cordially invited to the wedding ceremony of Rosy Jacob and Jackson Jane.

Venue: Mandelium Church

Timing: 3:00 p.m.

Date: 28th July 2019."

Today was 26th July 2019 as I finished skimming through the card I realized in the solemnity that I had not bought myself any dress or anything. Tomorrow was going to be pretty occupied as I had three projects to windup so I would perhaps not be able to shop today.

Seeing me apprehensive Mil asked, "What happened, Is something wrong in the card or the groom."

Bursting into a deep laugh I answered," No! I just haven't shop for your sister's wedding."

Sighing with relief she added, "Let's get going!"

"Where?" I asked.

"Shopping", she explained.

She called her driver and said, "Do not pick me today as I will be going with Aga and she'll be dropping on her way back.

Saying that she declined the call and kept her head on my shoulder holding me tightly.

We had tons of conversations and squeals of laugher on our way to the shopping mall with high-pitched music in the background.

I was not good at shopping. Whatever was first-sighted by me used to be in my wardrobe. Today, I was with Mil so I knew she's going to make me buy something which suits me the best. We entered an outlet, I selected an outfit, showed Mila but she nodded looking into other dresses for me and said, "No sis! Go for another one!"

She did this thrice making me frustrated. I said, "What ----What do you exactly want me to buy then? Your suggestions are making me way too angry girl!"

Mil murmured, "I want you to look perfect baby chickaga". She used to call me which annoyed me the most.

We headed to the opposite of this one. Mil and I were struck by the way mannequin was dressed. She was dressed short white frock in a small V-shaped frock, buttoned sleeves hanging loosely with permanent creases weaved on it giving it a perfect look.

Mil said," This is the one Aga, try it to believe it!

I asked the shopkeeper to get us that suit, I tried it and came out of the trying room, being nervous about how I looked.

Coming out I asked Mil excitedly, "How you like it?"

She made a circle with her thumb and index fingers with the rest of her fingers floating in the air.

While the dress was being packed I bought earrings and a necklace, with one ring.

I paid and we exited the shop heading towards the Food court as both of us were craving to death with our stomachs creating awful noises.

Ordered food, Ate it, and de-escalated to the ground floor to the ground floor to head home.

Descending I saw a man shopping a wedding gown with a woman, He looked familiar.

Curiously pointing towards the couple I asked, "Mil, Is he, my father?"

Sadly she answered," Yes, He is your father Aga!"

______PAUSE______