Training

"Why, isn't it the Capitol's pet, Foxface."

Luke and I walk down the hall to the elevator. We were put in matching training outfits. When we get inside, I push the button.

"Training day, eh?" Luke says. I nod but stay silent. "Come on, Foxy." He says.

"It's Finch," I say finally.

"Ok, Finch. Come on, be my ally." Luke says, grabbing my shoulder.

"No," I say, pushing his hand off. We walk in the training center. A lady named Atala reads of the rules and sends us out to work alone. I grab a bow and begin to practice shooting. I'm pretty good, I have to say. I keep going until I hit the center of the target. I do a little performance for me, shooting and rolling, shooting then summer-saulting, twist and shoot. I hear slow clapping.

"Not bad, Foxface." I hear a voice say. I turn around to find the Careers. I nod and continue shooting. Someone grabs my shoulder. I turn to see the monsterous boy from two.

"We want you." He says. They want me to be a Career?!

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes," a boy from behind the other boy says immediately. He had been staring at me. "I'm Marvel." He says. I nod.

"What's your real name? I'm Cato, that's Glimmer, and Clove." He says.

"Finch." I say.

"Cool." Cato says. "Come on, we fight together, train together." He says. I nod, and notice Luke staring at me. I shrug and walk off with my new pack. I still can't believe I'm a Career. Training ends and I go through the same cycle of eating and sleeping. I train with the careers the next day, and before I know it it's time for the interviews. My stylist put me in a beautiful orange party dress with a white trim that reminds me of mountains. I have cute foxtail ratings and my hair is done up in a bun with two loose pieces of my orange locks curled down in front of my eyes. I have a necklace with a female pendant on it, and black gloves with matching black flats.

"Ah, there she is, Foxface!" The audience cheers as I walk out on stage. I take my seat. "So, does Mrs. Foxface have a real name?" Caesar Flickerman asks.

"Yes, it's Finch. But I'd prefer Foxface." I say. Caesar nods.

"Don't you love this dress?" I ask the crowd, standing up. The crowd cheers as I twirl, per Lucinda's request. The bottoms of my dress go up in flames, glistening with orange light. I stop and sit down.

"Lovely! Beautiful! Stunning! Now, that boy at the reaping. He's your... boyfriend?" Caesar asks. I'm taken back by this comment.

"No! He's my brother!" I say. Caesar puts his hands up in defense.

"Oh! Sorry sorry. Now. What did you say to him before you left?" He asks.

"I said I'd try to win," I say. "For him."

"Of course you did," Caesar says, standing up.

"Mrs. Foxface!" He says, holding my hand high as I stand up. The rest of the night was a blur. The last thing I remember is going to bed filled with fright from the Games that take place tomorrow.